My latest batches

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_S

Reaction score
This is my latest wine I bottled a few days ago. Two gallons of white Niagra wine and a gallon of white grape peach. The Niagra was started in November of last year, and the white grape peach was started in July of last year.

Whitewine.jpg

Very nice, Tom. I like the eclectic nature of your bottle selection. Makes it seem like there are many wines rather than two. Good job.

I use whatever bottles I can get. I don't have a lot of different clear bottles so I used what you see in that pic. The two decorative bottles are two of four I bought at Walmart around 15 years ago. The short fat one was given to me by a neighbor along with several others, so I definitely owe him a bottle of wine.

I would like to know how the white grape tastes. I want to make a white wine semi sweet Skeeter Pee that will be kind of like a slightly tart Chardonnay.

Good looking wine by the way.

How do you get the capsuls on so nice!?

I just stick them on the neck of the bottle, then dip in a pan of boiling water for about 2 seconds.

I would like to know how the white grape tastes.

The white grape tastes extremely good. It's one of the best batches I've ever made. It's a pretty sweet wine, so I can't drink more than a couple of glasses at a time. I prefer dry to medium sweet wine, but this is pretty tasty. The recipe I used is listed in the recipe section under "Awesome White Wine." The white grape peach was an experiment using store bought juice. It turned out good, too, kind of a unique taste. It's not quite as peachy as the peach wine I made a few years back.

Good looking wine by the way.

Thanks. I filtered it using my Buon minijet filter. It really polishes up the whites.

Back