more bottles for the wine racks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bg7mm

Reaction score
bottled a batch of strawberry, one word on the label, SELECT
it's that good after trying 7 or 8 batches, this one is the one i'll be making forever

a batch of zinfendel thats really nice also, a kit wine
Picture866-1.jpg

Picture865-1.jpg

Picture863.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a recipe for your Select Strawberry that you would care to share with us?

patience grasshopper, i'll get the recipe up soon, i don't have the time on my hands to be here as i did a few days ago. we're still cleaning up after the hurricaine, insurance adjusters been coming for my home and sons house, today a roofer and carpenter are coming over to determine repair cost

mosquitos have come out of the woodwork the past few days, i was trying to get things done at daylight when it was a little cool, but the past few days the little buggers swarm around you so thick you have to keep your mouth closed, a recent case of west nile appeared a mile or so from here so we're being a little careful with the little demons that seem real mad or hungry

good news is the grape and muscadine vines that were completely stripped of their leaves are all showing signs of new leaf growth. i think i may have lost my florida king and florida prince peach trees. a plum tree and a satsuma tree are blooming? only these two trees blooming of the 40 or so we have. everything else seems to be recovering except the pecan trees that had to be cut after the wind layed them down on the ground

Good luck to you with the hurricane clean up and getting back to normal.

The wine looks great!!

thanks DD10

4 cans country fair strawberry juice
5 Campden Tablets
1 tbsp Acid Blend
5 tbls Yeast Nutrient
1 tbls Pectic Enzyme
1 teaspoon Tannin
7 pounds sugar
bring to five gallons
and 1116 Yeast

after 5 days skim strawberrys off the top (very little contained in the cans of fruit juice so i went straight into primary with no bag), let ferment another 48 hours then move to secondary. when fermentation complete rack again and add stabilizers. let set for another 3 or 4 weeks . i then ran it thru the vino filter and bottled for aging. a super strawberry wine with alot of strawberry flavor and aroma

Aww man, I didn't know you were in the hurricane. Sorry. Been in a couple myself.

no problem jim, on the next batch i make with this recipe i'll add a few bananas. just a tad lite for my taste, i think bananas will do the trick but it is a great strawberry wine as is

jim, the eye passed right over us, infact galliano, the town in live in stayed in the eye for almost 4 hours. the eye of the hurricaine followed bayou lafourche as it move slowly northward. while the eye was over us we all were outside fixing damaged stuff and securing other things then we got it from the opposite direction for a long time also

Thx for sharing the recipe. Hope recovery from the hurricane goes smoothly for you. Quite familiar with storm damage--but more so from tornadoes and extreme wind.

Need to confirm: is the amount of 5 TBSP (tablespoon) of yeast nutrient & 1 TBSP pectic enzyme correct?

How long did you allow it to age after bottling before you started consuming--trying to determine if this is an early drinker, etc.?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back