Missouri Valley Wine Compeition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds like a great competition and I see George is going to be a major sponsor.

Yup, he is!!

I got a couple certificates from him last year.

Really is a nice competition - the folks that put this on are a bunch of nice people. I went out there for an awards ceremony and after about 5 mins - it was like we all have known each other for years..

I heard a rumor that they had ~318 entries this year, from 10+ states, including 2 from Canada. Certainly looked to be a nice crowd doing the judging!

Hoping to see some stuff posted on their website relatively soonish this week!

Very cool.

i didn't enter this year, but bob t. was very nice in our communications last year, when i got a bronze for my blackberry.
the west ky winegrowers just finished their 2012 competition (much smaller than the mo valley) and i got a bronze for my petunia...does that mean i have to do it again next year? hahaha

If you get good judging notes - take them and if there is anything to tweak and enter again.

Always remember though - if you like your wine - don't let anybody else tell you differently.

I will find out on March 8th what and if I won anything this year.

I am glad someone reminds us of these competitions. Please keep doing so every year. many of us just might be willing to take the plunge and enter.

I am glad someone reminds us of these competitions. Please keep doing so every year. many of us just might be willing to take the plunge and enter.

You should do it - this is a great competition and growing in size ever year.

Last year had 265 entries from 5 states i think.

This year 318 entries from 10 states.

good luck jon! just one week to go! i signed up for their newsletter/email list....good to keep "in the know".

Results are in:

Apple Spice - Gold Medal and won the award for high score of a non-grape fruit.
Strawberry Peach - Sliver Medal

Alright! Way to go. Makes it all a lot more fun, and rewardng huh?

Alright! Way to go. Makes it all a lot more fun, and rewardng huh?

It does - I mean like them no matter what - but it always nice to unbiased opinions.

I was 1.5 pts away from the Bronze on my Chardonel and Seyval. So looking fwd to next year.

Latest posts

Back