Minnesota state fair competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustJoe

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just delivered 3 bottles of wine to the competition at the state fair. This is a first time for me, never entered any wine competition before.
I entered a Marquette from 21, a rhubarb from 22 and a bottle of dragons blood from this year. It sure would be exciting if I got an honorable mention on one of them. I will win no matter what they think of the wine because I will get all of the judges comments. I can see some great wines in my future.

I just delivered 3 bottles of wine to the competition at the state fair. This is a first time for me, never entered any wine competition before.
I entered a Marquette from 21, a rhubarb from 22 and a bottle of dragons blood from this year. It sure would be exciting if I got an honorable mention on one of them. I will win no matter what they think of the wine because I will get all of the judges comments. I can see some great wines in my future.
Let us know how you do!

Congratulations 🎉. When I get my own grapes I’ll have to give this a try.

Is your vineyard commercial or for personal use?
Its just for personal use right now, this will be year 5 and every year the harvest has doubled. We have 40 La Crescent and 50 Marquette vines right now. Hoping one day we will be able to sell the wine or atleast allow others to harvest if it becomes too much to handle.

Lots of growing pains over the years with powdery mildew, japanese beetles, flea beetles, phylloxera, gall, frost damage, and now the birds have finally found us.

Latest posts

Back