Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph1

Reaction score
On Saturday, at the Winemaker’s Toy Store, we started the Meglioli Amarone with raisins. The temperature at the Toy Store was at the higher end of the recommended fermentation range and this contributed to a vigorous fermentation. Today I noticed that there was a slight over-flow from the 7.9 gallon primary. Lost was less than a quarter cup of juice. For winemakers making this wine, you may want to check a little more frequently during primary.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Im sure that is going to be the best kit ever fermented so you wont want to lose a drop of this nectar. Thanks for that warning Joseph!

Joseph, how about an update on this one. I bet there are lots of us out there doing this kit. Mine isbulk aging at the moment but may get bottled this week if I get going.
Thanks,

This was bottled at the June 21 bottling party and I have not tasted it since. Each participant at the bottling party has the opportunity to taste all wines bottled that evening and to take home three wines. Unfortunately I did not keep my tasting notes, however; this was one of the most requested wines. George may have opened a bottle since and he may have some comments.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Latest posts

Back