Looking for Vacuum Bottling Video

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickochet

Wine Maker & Home Brewer
Reaction score
I saw a video where a guy is bottling wine using a vacuum pump. He has a homemade bottle holder that uses a device that pivots on top to easily remove the stopper with the vacuum lines. I have searched high & low and can not find the video! I thought it was on YouTube, but so far I can not locate it! Do any of you veterans have this video bookmarked or have any other ideas for such a device?? Thanks!

Rick, if you are referring to what I think you are, it was a wooden homemade stand that had an arm that pivoted upward away from the bottle. In the end of the arm was a stopper with two air lines, one to draw the air out and one to draw the wine into the bottle, I suppose. If that is the one, I think it was here on this site but I can't recall the poster or the title of the posting. I would guess it would be under "General Wine Making Discussion" but I am not sure. Maybe someone else will remember or the poster will reply. Sorry I can't help.

That's the one!!!! Search has always been my friend, but apparently I wasn't using the correct nomenclature. But I knew that I can always depend on you veteran vintners! Thanks again!
:db

Rick, to get Biblical on you: "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." Matthew 7:7

Latest posts

Back