Lingonberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norske

Forum Member
Reaction score
Will be picking lingonberries after we have a couple of frosts. Will begin some 1 gal bench tests trying different yeasts and tannins. Will appreciate any and all yeast/tannin, pH, and fruit volume recommendations.

Can't say as I have ever seen a lingonberrie. If they are small berries you probably won't need as much volume wise as if they are large berries. Small berries like elderberries and currants, I will use 4 lbs. per gal. or so. Bigger berries I will use 6 to 10 lbs. It also depends on how strong the flavor is. For yeast I would probably use red star Cotes de blanc. Lavlin makes one also that helps keep some of the fruit flavors in the ferment, can't tell you which one off the top of my head. Tannin and acid are going to depend on the fruit. I can usually tell pretty close by tasting, but kinda hard to describe to you what I am tasting. Do your bench tasting, it should help you figure out how you want to make this wine. Mite benifit with some oak added also, but I am not a big fan of oak flavored wines. (Just me.) This is one of the fun things about making wine. You get to make it the way you like it, not how someone else wants it. Arne.

Back