Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lopez

Junior
Reaction score
Here are a couple of my labels from this year. The pictures on the bottles are old pictures of my Grandfather. He was an avid wine maker and it's the reason I do it. His nickname was juice!! Story is that he brought seeds from his grapes in Italy when he came to the U.S. in 1902. We still get a nice yield from them every year. Pics are a little grainy (Iphone), and the labels came out ok. May need to find a new label to print on.

294357_620144355079_149801908_33135964_1794886687_n.jpg

Last edited:
Very very cool story behind the wine. Nothing like a simple, clean looking label that can spark an hour long conversation!

Those are nice and yes will create a good and meaningful conversation.

Many of us use avery labels and the avery program (free).

I use the 6 up labels and just recently began setting type only in the bottom half of each label. Then after it comes out of the printer I invert the label sheet and run it thru the printer again. This gives me 12 labels per sheet. All I have to do is run a razor cutting them in half.

This way I need only 2 sheets for 24 labels and they look nice. I've omitted the pics from a full size label.

To each their own. I have too many to be printing all of those.

Good labels, Lopez. That's sounds like me. I'm using a picture of "The Old House" my dad was born in, for my labels. I have the land with that house still standing, although it's a pretty dilapidated house now. I wanted to use a pic of that just for the sentimental value it has with me. My dad is still alive, BTW, but that house is much, much older than his 80 year life span, so far.

thanks for the replies! I didnt even think about labels until this Spring when I couldnt figure out which wine was which. I use Publisher and have a bunch of old family pics that I'm gonna use.

Love the fact that you're using his photos and the story behind it. They turned out great -- and yes, haha, it's amazing how well labels work for distinguishing between bottles.

Latest posts

Back