JAOM do i need to Stabilize

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

croakersoaker

Reaction score
I have two gallons of joes ancient orange mead that has been clear a while now. I think its ready to bottle do i need to stabilize or can i just bottle it up?

That is if there are no residual sugars left that could start a re ferment in the bottles ... I never actually heard, will the bread yeast ferment to dry?

i think the bread yeast peters out early because of the alcohol.other wise wouldnt it still be cloudy?

ya that's what I thought about the petering out ... so there is probably residual sugar and the potential for re fermentation I would assume.

My first batch of it still has 3 weeks to go to the two month mark so idk ... did you test the FG?

I am not sure. If the alcohol content made the yeast die out i dont know why it would restart but im new to this so i dont know. i did not test specific gravity i just follwed the recipe

I have had batches at 18% that didn't so much as bubble once in two months re ferment in the bottle on me so idk maybe these yeasties are different....

Back