My first bottling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_9393.jpeg

I bottle a lot of 375 ml as well as 750 ml with a range of heights and so far haven't had any problems with mine. I did try bellissima 375 ml bottles and everyone who says a Portuguese floor corker doesn't work for those is correct. (I had a few from a winery I frequent and decided to give it a try just to be sure. Mine are cobalt blue and beautiful so they went back into storage in case I ever buy some T corks or maybe get an Italian floor corker someday.)

Last edited:
Ayup, looks pretty well centered all right. Thanks! I like the cobalt blue bottles too, maybe someday…
I get blue bottles, tasting room empties from a local meadery. The bottles look nice, but are a PITA when filling, as I can't easily see the wine level so I have to pay very strict attention to avoid overflow. Same with black bottles -- I had a case from a wine I purchased. Once I had enough bottles saved up, those went into the "give away and don't expect to get back" pile.

My instruction comments were a little tongue / cheek because we know guys never read the instructions or at least I don't! 🤣 I still have a couple buttons on my truck with no idea what they do. We were driving down the road, my wife asked to open the sun roof and we both laughed cause she knows I have no idea.

My corker was one of the first pieces of wine making equipment I bought. I've had it apart once, and adjusted the plunger to match up. Bottling and transferring the wine was always stressful for me using the auto syphon because it didn't always work, and I bought a couple of different types. A wine pump, and ditching the syphons made wine making a game changer, in fact, to the point its stress free plus no mess. Pricey ... but worth it for me.

milw ... Scott, keep us posted on your progress and wine projects. Great group of people on this site who are willing to help and give ideas. Keep asking questions just not about my truck sun roof.

Scott

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-15 at 8.20.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-15 at 8.20.15 AM.png
    336.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back