Other Italian Red Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the member did say Italian. Nothing against FWK as I make a lot of them, but they are all Cali grapes.

Now I'd choose the Reserve line from Winexpert or the Cru Select from RJS as the floor, but buying the higher juice kits does not always mean a better wine. I have made Mosti All-Juice kits that failed against their Renaissance kits.

Nothing wrong with sourcing kits with juice from other countries, I just ordered a FWK kit and a WE Reserve Carmenere kit, but I order the FWK with 2 skin packs so that I can share with the WE.

As far as types - Amarone & Sangiovese come to mind.

I have had excellent results with the Mosti Mondiale 23L Pure Juice kit. The place I source right now is selling for $139.95 Cdn (sale price), regular is $169.95 Cdn.

I have made several of the Mosti Mondiale All Juice kits and have been very happy. Nero D'Avola is my favorite, but the Nebbiolo is also very nice. I have made the WineXpert Nebbiolo when the juice was from Italy, but the current offering (hasn't shipped yet) is from Cali grapes. I have also made the RJS Super Tuscan twice and am pleased with it.

Latest posts

Back