Illinois anyone??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I was just talking about kickapoo winery on here yesterday.... I haven't been there but I have been drinking there wine! lol I have been to the mackinaw winery... I play in the band the shake.. and we play there every year... I really just got into wine and wine making... heck I really don't even drink.. lol

I'm a member of the wineclub there. We meet on the 3rd Tueday of each month at 6pm. You should check it out.

that would be cool! Like I said.. I really don't know much about wine... I played at the winery and I really liked the whole process and started reading up about wine... then started drinking some wines and finally bought a kit and just now started making my first wine kit... so I am kind of new to the whole thing..

They have a test vineyard with numerous different varieties and each wineclub member is assigned 2 vines to tend to. In the fall you get the grapes from the vines as "payment" for caring for them.During the year we will be reviewing all of the processes of tending to the vines to making wine so it's a good time.

hey jeff... how do I get involved with the kickapoo wineclub? should I just email them?

Awesome! The hubby goes down there for the TT races every year. So far, I've always had to work. Maybe this year will be different and I can go too. BTW, is that your motorcycle? We love all things 2 wheeled and ride as often as possible. Right now I'm waiting for April.

Just got back from a Christmas trip. I'm from Illinois. I'm just east of Davenport Iowa on I-80.

Monty

yeah thats my new bike.. I am in the process of finishing.. I usually try to make it to the t.t.'s every year also... its always a blast!

I'm fromGreenview which is a little town about 20 miles north of Springfield. I'm in Canton at least once a month as I take care of the fire alarm system at the prison there.

John

guitar309 said:
I have never tried Castel del Papa but the owner recomended it and it sounded like something I would like... I think since I am new to wine I really haven't found the tast for more of a dry wine yet.. I have been enjoying some more sweet wines... another local vineyard makes a great wine I have been drinking kickapoo creek winery ... also at christmas I had some moscato d'asti that was pritty good... so if anyone else has any great recomandations let me know! haha

I hail from northern Illinois - northwest suburbs of Chicago. My ex-in-laws used to live right next to the Kickapoo Creek Winery, interestingly enough.

Have fun at the Classic in March.

- Jim

Are any of you still on here. I joined late but have been making wine for some time. Would like to get together with fellow wine makers some time. Might try to get over to Kickapoo. Sounds right up my alley if I could find time between work, vines and wine....Macomb area

https://www.facebook.com/groups/409633329072953/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back