WineXpert How good is this Amarone kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked like a good deal until you add in shipping. Cheapest option for me was $26 and change...

Ha, that's the first kit I ever did (40 kits ago). At three years it was the best wine I have ever done. Sadly, being our first kit, we drank it too fast and too early. I hid a bottle and drank it at three years and almost cried.:( Sadly I have not made it again going for kits with grape packs and so on. As I remember it has a flavor reserve pack and calls for added sugar in primary, is that still the case?

BTW, the one in the picture is the Petit Verdot, another excellent Wine Expert kit.

Last edited:
geek:

Selection International with grape skins should be a pretty good kit; However, I haven't made it.

BTW, please tell us the name in future so that we don't have to click on the link (and provide the link if you want). Your post (to me at least) looked like it could come from a spammer, since I didn't recall labelpeelers.com from any other posts.

Steve

geek:

Selection International with grape skins should be a pretty good kit; However, I haven't made it.

Steve
I made this exact kit almost exactly a year ago. I wanted to bulk age it for a year or so, but had to bottle it after only 42 days of bulk aging (119 days total from start), because we were moving across the country and that's not easy with a 6 gallon carboy ;-)

Short answer is that it's an excellent wine. We opened a bottle this past weekend, and it is really coming along nicely. It was even pretty good when I bottled it, but most of the bottles will age for another year or so now.

Good kit, but I recommend you really take time with it ... don't rush it. I did 13 days in primary (counting the chaptalization), 15 in secondary, and 49 days of clearing (with one racking in after about 10 days). I'm very happy with the result!

Latest posts

Back