Hillbilly Recipes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I helped a friend move from VA to CA about a dozen years ago. On our trip across the country, one of the things we did to kill time was keeping a roadkill log. By far, the best state for roadkill in both quantity and variety was Tennessee. I imagine the Roadkill Helper would sell pretty well there. :D

dralarms Not sure where you are from but we are transplanted northerners now living in the south for the past 13 years. Still have our Yankee ways!

dralarms Not sure where you are from but we are transplanted northerners now living in the south for the past 13 years. Still have our Yankee ways!

I was born in New Bern, NC but was raised up and down the east coast. Went to 12 different schools in the 7th grade. Dad was an ironworker and traveled a bunch. And no ive never eat roadkill (actually illegal to do in NC), but enjoy a good joke. :HB

dralarms Like you, I enjoy a good laugh and that one made me laugh when I received it in an email this morning. My niece is getting married in New Bern on the 11/11/13. Evidently she won some kind of a wedding contest there. My sister will be staying here for a few days before and after the wedding. Looking forward to Michigan relatives that will be visiting us at the same time.

I don't know my niece, never met her. She grew up in AZ and my sis moved back to MI after my niece left home. We moved to NC before my sister moved back to MI. I did see my sister last year when she came to NC, 2 different times. Anyway, long story short, it is a very small wedding and we are not going.

I helped a friend move from VA to CA about a dozen years ago. On our trip across the country, one of the things we did to kill time was keeping a roadkill log. By far, the best state for roadkill in both quantity and variety was Tennessee. I imagine the Roadkill Helper would sell pretty well there. :D

It was legal to eat roadkill in TN until fairly recently - perhaps 5 years ago. I'm glad to hear your report, it means the wildlife in my state is doing well.

I used to pick up roadkill all the time, but it was to tan the hides. A winter-killed groundhog hide makes a very fine boot liner. Very warm.

And Todd's right about nutria. They say if Jesus had of had nutrias instead of fishes, he could have fed the world that day.

Latest posts

Back