Ahoy! (Here to learn the ways of mead)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jindak

Junior
Reaction score
Ahoy!
I've made mead before but now I wanna try other recipes than just only using fruits. Like adding spices and such for more complex flavors.
I'm still a beginner so if anyone would like to share easy beginner friendly mead recipes please do.

Happy Wine Making!

Welcome aboard! I’m just starting too, just bottled my first gallon based on the JAOM (Joes Ancient Orange Mead) recipe. I have two gallons of sorglyn BOMM going (Denard Brewing), a cyser (Apple Cyser Mead Recipe - 1 Gallon - Home Cider Making) and my first 5 gallon, a plain BOMM that I would like to at least partly do with cranberry in secondary. Folks here are super-helpful & welcoming :)
cheers- Scott
oh I also did a gallon of Denard’s 3 day honeybush mead (not sure if that counts as a session mead? Anyway all consumed within 5 days of pitching!)

Welcome to WMT

My biggest observation is that it is easy to over do a spice. I was floored at how intense half a stick of cinnamon in five gallons of cyser can be. (but at two years it’s better) I like bench trials and feel the best way to start is to create some extracts in grain alcohol to try combinations.

Ken Schram: Mead Maker is my starting point in meads.

Latest posts

Back