Hi from Saskatchewan!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFrenchCanadian

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New member here. Made wine many years ago (started in 1997) & always intended to get back into it. My wife and I thought about selling our stuff through the years, but hung on to it since we had the space for it.

Glad we did. Started my first kit in almost 15 years a few weeks ago and am loving it! Don't know why I didn't get back into it sooner (I guess life got in the way for a while...), but whatever - I'm back. I say "I" because though we enjoy the wine as a couple & she does sometimes assist, I do most of the actual work with respect to the winemaking, which is just fine with me.

Happy to have found this forum and all the great information and people in it. Not much of a poster, but definitely will be lurking a ton.

Best regards,
TFC

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to wine making!

Were you doing kits 15 years ago? I've only been at this a little over two years ago and don't actually know when kits began to be marketed.

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to wine making!

Were you doing kits 15 years ago? I've only been at this a little over two years ago and don't actually know when kits began to be marketed.

Hi Bill,

Yes, we were doing kits then too. We started in 1997 by going to a place called Wine Art here in Saskatchewan, it's since changed names to Wine Kitz. Not sure how long kits have been around. However years ago it didn't seem like there was nearly the different types (ie: different amounts of concentrate, varying levels of expense/quality, grape packs etc...) that there is now. I do recall making one with an oak chip packet - it was miniscule compared to the amount included with the kit I started a few weeks ago & at the time I thought it was a big deal. We never got into the higher end kits back then either, possibly because we didn't have the disposable income at the time, but I don't think there were quite as many of them around. Seemed like most of the kits on the shelves then were in roughly the same price range ($50 or so) & they all started with 10 litres of concentrate.

I could be wrong about all of this - could be we were just in a rut and made the same product line over and over because we enjoyed it & it was what we could afford at the time! We didn't make a ton of it back then, the people on here are way more knowlegable and experienced than me about this stuff, that's for sure!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Take care,
TFC

Back