Hi From Edmonton, Alberta

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannew

Reaction score
I'm new to wine making, but have enjoyed the fruits from others. Finally decided to take the plunge, but will stick to using kits for the simplicity and the results I've seen others who use kits.

Surprised to see so many from the US given how inexpensive wine is compared to what we pay in Canada. But I assume it's like most hobbies where it's the enjoyment one gets from doing it yourself.

This site has already been very helpful and I like the post topics and how they are presented.

Welcome aboard!
20110803_181507_kgo_057.gif

Welcome!!!

Even in the USA, it is nice to save a buck or ten. :try

But really, if one in the USA watches and learns, one can buy a fairly decent (IMO) wine for under $10. (I have never and will never allowed my pallet to become spoiled to $85 bottles of wine. Problem is, as much as I enjoy wine, I am sure I could get spoiled really quickly)

In all honesty, I make wine more for the fun and reward of it than I do to save money.

I do this for both to save a few bucks by brewing my own and to enjoy a fresh new hobby! I have four 3-gal batches under way, and it is looking to be about $3.55 a 750mL bottle right now. From the tasting I have done at wine festivals and the tasting I have done of my own underway, I am going to be happy when it is bottled, aging, and time to drink up!

Welcome Cannew. My sister in law is from you area.

Back