HELP!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar309

Reaction score
so the big day is here.... degassing... I transfered to a clean carboy... now.... I have used the drill.... got no bubbles... used vacu vin.... no bubbles
smiley5.gif
whats going on here?? I can't get anything to happen..

its sitting at 63 right now
smiley24.gif
but I just just add a little bit of wine to top it off and that might have brought the temp down a bit... it is -17 here right now with a wind chill of -35 .... I have the heat cranking but I don't know why its so cool??? not good...
smiley19.gif

but I did rack in a bucket then racked again back to carboy.. so would the splash racking do anything?

The splashing will get a bit out, but that temperature is too cold for degassing. Get the temp of it up to 70-75 brfore attempting to degas. When you do that, it will give it up much easier. You may have to wait for the weather to moderate a bit.

is it ok to sit like that a few days without putting in the potassium metabislufite? and maybe I can put it in front of the heater vent or wrap a blanket around it... lol

BELLY BAN sounds like a good idea,how does the wine taste sweet or not..........

guitar, unless you need the carboy you can add sulfite and forget about it until spring. Our wines don't get any attention until after April 15th. then I will hit them with a vengeance.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back