Grape leaf wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archie

Junior
Reaction score
Has anybody made wine with grape leaf that C.J. Berry wrote about in his book, if so would you share the recipe with me. I just planted 10 vines this year and would love to make something from them before 3 yearsfrom now.
Thanks Archie

I have never made one from the leaves Archie so I don't know about that, but you should be able to have some grapes before another three years. I don't recall the varieties you planted, but if they are hybrids you could keep a few next year and a fair crop in the third year, with pretty close to a full crop the fourth year. As long as your growth was good this year, you should have a very healthy vine next year. If it is good and vigorous, you can leave a few clusters per vine to help hold the vine in check.

I hope someone has tried grape leaf wine and can give you a recipe.

By the way Happy Belated Birthday. I knew I should wish you a Happy Birthday on the 16th, but you hadn't checked in for a while. Good hearing from you!

Thank Appleman I had a great birthday.I have been busy makeing wine for a guy that has 4000 hybread grapes planted.I also planted hybreads and yes i willget some next year I think but only have 10 vines.Doing real well for Nevada.We made 11 gal of frontenac.

Latest posts

Back