Getting close!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After further analyzing that chart I guess the Petit tri S is the big mover in the last week.

Also, what causes a grape to go backwards? ie: merlot 1 Over ripe?

Mike - that chart is great to see. I thought our grower here was going nuts with the Zin readings he was giving us.

Aug 12th = 17.8
Aug 17th = 20.2
Aug 20th = 19.2

Our other vineyard is harvesting like crazy already, but this guy's Zin is just crawling. He said the recent >100 degree heat wave was causing is to stall. We're back to normal temps with cool nights, so maybe it will take off.

Getting our Barbera on the 21st. The brix was 26.5 on Tuesday! Definitely watering that one back!

Mark

Yep, saw that 100 degree heat last week. Sometimes it can shut things down, sometimes move them along depending on varietal, water and night time lows. Looks like high 80's to low 90's for the next ten days in the Lodi area.

Bottle half empty-the company I buy bottles from has upped their minimum order to $300.00:po. Bottle half Full-tomorrow I pick up 35 cases and will have enough in stock (along with recycled bottles) to last for the next 3 or 4 year:D. Grapes are scheduled to arrive for pickup Sept. 18th! Time to restock supplies and pick yeasts for the year too.
Mike

Get your supply order in ASAP as quite often things sell out this time of year. Grapes don't care if they are out of stock of your favorite supplies. They will come when they are ready and not wait for you!

Bottle half empty-the company I buy bottles from has upped their minimum order to $300.00:po. Bottle half Full-tomorrow I pick up 35 cases and will have enough in stock (along with recycled bottles) to last for the next 3 or 4 year:D. Grapes are scheduled to arrive for pickup Sept. 18th! Time to restock supplies and pick yeasts for the year too.
Mike

I'm guessing two years from now, you'll be buying more bottles because you've upped your production. :wy :h

Back