Getting close!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally Pricing and availability is posted now, think I'm going to go with all grapes for the first time instead of one bucket and lug. Lodi Merlot and Syrah are both selling at $45/lug so I'm going to order 3 of each and shoot for 6+ gallons finished of both. I've been dutifully cleaning bottles (sporadically) for the last couple of weeks but need about 105 more this weekend for my 2014s - Pinot, Cabernet, 50/50blend and Rosso Fortissimo - I'm going to be lazy and just order 10 cases new from a local manufacturer and be done with it (Thank you Lori!).
Can't wait!
Mike

There's a flat 30.00 handling fee that gets it to a cold storage warehouse about 8 miles from my office. Works out to a pretty convenient pick-up and fairly priced shipping cost I think.
Mike

Wait, $30 flat fee no matter how much you order? Its like close to 400 miles from Lodi to Covina!

Heck of a deal. I pay ~$0.11/lb to Denver, CO (from Lodi, CA) then I have to drive 700 miles RT to Denver to go pick them up. My price per lb is less than yours though. LOL

John, I think you buy in larger quantities and direct, I have to go through a middle man and pay their share for that convenience. Still much more fun than going to the store for wine.
Mike

John, I think you buy in larger quantities and direct, I have to go through a middle man and pay their share for that convenience. Still much more fun than going to the store for wine.
Mike

It's OK. I pay $50+ per lug. Still less than $5/bottle when it's all said and done.

Serious?

Your paying $0.95/lb for grapes grown in CA and you live in NJ! I hope that was without shipping……. :m

Or like everything else in NJ it just……..

05.jpg

Falls out the back of a truck!

Yikes,

$45 for 1 36lb lug of merlot or syrah??

Last year they were going for about $34. I bit of a bump this year!

Serious?

Your paying $0.95/lb for grapes grown in CA and you live in NJ! I hope that was without shipping……. :m

Or like everything else in NJ it just……..

05.jpg

Falls out the back of a truck!

OMG! You got me laughing on that one.

Actually, one of the great things is that my supplier also owns a HUGH Italian market. He owns trucks, etc, to make him a single source from the grower.

Also, in NJ there are a LOT of old world folks that make wine. He gets his grapes by the rail car load and sells thousands of tons of grapes each year.

With a few exceptions (or "Specialty grapes") I always pay well under $1 per pound.

Got my latest Brix report last night. They are saying delivery on either Saturday 9/5 or 9/12. Grenache is already at 24 brix.

Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 7.10.58 AM.png

Yep, I have worked with this source since 2012 so I know the Zin, Syrah, Petit Syrah, all need heavy doses of acidulated water to bring those Brix levels back down to planet earth. Now if you want to make a Petit Syrah Port like I did back in 2012 you are pretty darn good to go as long as you use a yeast with high alcohol tolerance you could end up with ~18% ABV without any need for brandy!

Mike,
What is EB? Is that a grape or an average of something?
That is quite a jump in 6 days compared to all the others.

Latest posts

Back