Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha Ha! Clearly you all are much better at fishing than me! :p This is a chub I caught a few years ago while canoeing with my brother in Maine. Don't be too jealous now!

Sorry, had to throw that in there! :fsh

DSCN0045.jpg

Had to fix my post, dont knoiw why it did a dble pic? Sarah, Everytime I post a pic someone has to go and one up me!!!!!!! LOL, that is a great pic!

Thanks! It was my profile pic for a while on Facebook, you know, had to show off my big catch! :) On that vacation we went out every morning (I don't get to spend a lot of QT with my brother so that was nice) and over the course of the week caught about a few dozen or so barely legal Brookies, my brother and his best friend made a meal out of them all one night. We had a blast catching them!

You all have some great looking fish, you must have some pretty heavy duty equipment!

Congrats again on the nice striper, Wade! I guess it's good luck when I'm not there...lol

Nice pic Sarah!

REDBOATNY........thats a beautiful chinook salmon......the fish I miss the most is Lake Superior White Fish.

Wade, that 3/0 treble is a tough customer when stuck in the palm of the hand......ouch.......nice striper though

SarahRides..........nothing wrong with a chub if you enjoyed catching it.....cut my eye teeth on brookies in mich up.......good eats for sure

Really nice catch Wade !!:br

How long did she fight before you muscled her in ?

My son is on the BASS fishing tournement (high school ) and just missed going downstate - maybe next year

About 3 minutes as I was fishing in the river and it wasnt far out. I also have 40 lb braid on to help in the strong current which this one kind of stayed on the side luckily . Got a 31" last night and going again in a little bit as pretty soon Ill be moving and wont have anytime to do any fishing!

Well I got a few over the past few days but all a little smaller then the last pic. I guess all the big girls are still up in the Hudson hanging around by Tom. Tom, send some of those biggies my way please.

Looks like no one has posted here for a while so here's one of mine from today. Not a giant but I'll take these all day long...
dscf0004bz.jpg

Were you on your new yak? I havent been doing any fresh water at all in months and the sslt water blows righr now. Im hoping this cool blast lasts at least a few days snd cools down the water so the fish leave the deep holes off shore! Nice fish dawg!

No...I got a chance to get out on a buddies boat yesterday which was nice. I have been out in the yak quite a bit this year though. Guess I never put any pics up on here though. Here's a few of my catches from the yak from earlier in the year...
yakc.jpg

dscf0004p.jpg

dscf0007fr.jpg

dscf0005t.jpg

All healthy looking fish Derek. The pike aren't very big, but they must be fun in the litle yak. It could be fun hooking a 10-12 pound one in it! You could tow someone skiing behind.

Those are pickerel which are a smaller version of Pike but still just as viscous and fun to catch.

Fishing from the yak is fun when you hook into a big one. I've been pulled around a bit by a few bigger bass and pike. Wade's right though...those are pickerel. A 22" and a 23" which is big for a pickerel but small for a pike for sure.

Dirtydawg, I am wanting to get one of the kayaks for my husband for Christmas. He'll mainly be fishing in the marshes of the intercostal of NC and maybe some smaller lakes. Any suggestions on which kind to buy him. I know he has talked about the ones you sit on top instead of inside, any help would be appreciated.

It really depends on how much you want to spend. Hobie makes some awesome fishing kayaks but they are on the expensive side. Ocean kayak makes some nice sit on tops (SOT) as well. If you are looking for something less expensive and a SOT I would suggest you have him try them out before buying one. I bought a sit in type because you can get a very good one for less money in most cases.

Latest posts

Back