Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bad fishing day! Im either having a great day and stay because Im catching fish or having a bad day and get stubborn saying if I just cast 1 more time the fish will bite!!! Caught a couple value menu fish sticks today!!! Started off trout fishing at 6 am and them switched to Striped Bass fishing around 4:15. A few good hits with the salt water but they just couldnt figure out to bite down on the hook! 1 more month and Ill be on more on weekends as thats when They really start eating and I can relax a little meaning they really start eating bait instead of just lures thank goodness as throwing lures all day really kicks the crap out of you especially if you have a bad back and whipping a 2 1/2 - 3 ounce lure for many hours doesnt feel good! Once they start taking the bait I can just weight it down, sit down in 1 of those fold out chairs and wait for the bait feeder to scream while Im on my phone chatting with you guys.I wonder if the trout are spawning right now as usually Im killing them in a few of my spots and the last few times this week I couldnt even get a bite in my usual spots.

Trout don't spawn until the fall, although I have no experience with tiger trout - that's a nice one by the way. Everything is early this year so they might be glutted on flies already and not interested in bait - who knows with fish!
I've been out a couple of times brook trout fishing and had a pretty good day with a buddy last week; the mayfly was on heavy. These are not big brook trout by most standards, but big ones are rare in our waters - the biggest in this picture is a pound, about 14 inches. This is me by the way.
It is a glorious thing, this fishing, isn't it!!

IMG00422-20120425-1906.jpg

First Cobia fishing day for 2012 here in Coastal North Carolina
4-30-2012 Yeilded a 58.8 lb Cobia " Thats One"

april cobia.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice both of ya! I wish Cpbia ran down here as they loom.like fun to catch. I watch them cstch those everyweekend on the shows!

Thats a sweet fish, hopefully tomorrow night Derek and I hook up with biggef fish then that but they wont be trout or salmon that big thatz for sure!!!!!!! Is that a Rainbow? I didnt even know they got that big!!! Man I wish trout were like that around here!

Last edited:
Great fish Red Boat ! I hope to get on Lake Michigan with my boat prett soon - I hope.:HB
How deep and what were you using ?

Well I went with DirtyDawg and I got skunked and he caught bait( A nice fat eel) Went again today and scored by myself though! This sucker wasnt going without a fight though. AS I was pulling the trebles out of her she thrashed and proceeded to bury a treble hook right into my palm way past the barb! Didnt have a sharp knife on me so just had to slowly pull the barb out of my hand ripping the flesh. This is a 3 0 VMC treble hook for those of you know what size that is!!
39Striper.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back