Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn - That's one big fish.
fishing-026.GIF

Steve, thats a Striper and not a stripper. Wouldnt mind having a nice stripper though!!! LOL

That's one great fish, Wade. When I lived in Maryland, the best striper I caught was 42". Lots of smaller but we had to return them to the bay anything over 30" as I remember.

Some nice fish there! I recently caught a few cats. A 4 lb, 3 lb 8 oz and a 2 lb 8 oz cats. Nothing like ya'll got pictures of, but they'll eat just fine. :)

Nice fish Wade and RedboatNY!!!

Wiz, Its usually the other way around. Our min here for some years was 36" but not long ago they dropped it down to 28" before you could keep it. Those are some sweet fish RedBoat!!!!!!

fishin...

Gotta say... i do love some smallie fishin... we have them native in our rivers here.... they are awesome!

Yep, we have a lot of smallies here also. My favorite Trout hole is also filled with smallmouth so when its too warm for trout at least the bass are hitting which has been the cae for about 2 months or more now but its just starting to cool down now so hopefully the trout will pick up again.

Arkansas has a huge trout fishery, but for the life of me i can't seem to get interested..... i have freinds who love it.. but i always pass... it seems a bit like a canned trip to me...
the Brownies (smallmouth) i "hunt" are in remote seldom travled waters...long hikes in away from the bridge's and access points, are my favorites, and some nice fish are taken where the canoeist/float tripper blows right by never stopping to enjoy the river on a small scale..
I usually am a spinning rod small plastics guy... but have tried the live helgrimite, small crawfish, floated through a tail rapid into an eddie... sure can test some tackle that way too...

Went fishing today in a Trout Management area(catch & release only) for 2 hours and caught this 14" Brown Trout (very small river). Cant wait till the season opens so I can go hit the good spots again as they are illegal right now!!!! :( Hey, I have no legs in this pic!! LOL I feel ashamed even posting this pic after RedBoats pic above!!!!!!!!!! I think that you were fishing in Chernobyl!!!

today.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to believe with all you out there that this thread isnt more active! I went out today in the rain and hit a pond in my town that I never even knew about! I think it will; be near impossible to fish this come summer as the weeds will be ridiculous as they almost are already but I went weedless and caught some nice fish there. Here are 2 of them, 1 being a nice fat Largemouth Bass and another being an OK size Pickerel that hit my top water popper like it was a locomotive!

20120325_134744.jpg

20120325_135816.jpg

I had a feeling you would be fishing soon. You would have frozen your ask off here today as it only got to 40. Hope you had some fun.

Back