Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill be looking for a newer vehicle soon as my car has a cracked block now and fluids are transferring like coolant into oil or vice versa but really dont have the cash now so Ill ride it out until shes a little closer to death. Id really like to get a 4x4 truck again, surely not a full size though as the gas is just to killer on me as I drive 1/2 hour to and from work every day and then fishing and Id have to cut down on one and the boss might get mad when I dont show up for work! LOL

Try a Ford pickup with a 7.3 diesel.

I got a 02 from my brother a couple monthe ago.

Drove it 200 miles Sat. at 70 MPH and it got 20miles per gallon and they easily go 300,oo mile without problems.

I highly doubt that that truck or any 4x4 fits into the amount Ill have to spend and I refuse to have payments again.

Had a good night fishing after work at the bech. Caught a few Bluefish and a decent Summer Flounder.

Big Blue.JPG

Nice Fluke.JPG

Wade you sure you didn't pick that bluefish up off the bank somewhere I mean half his tail is gone and the flounder is sticking his tongue out at ya??? j/k Oh I'm one of those crazy nuts that love to striper fish, biggest I've ever got to catch is 53 pounds I've had some alot bigger on but they always either tore hook up or broke my line

Nice fish!! So that's what Wade looks like. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Wade,
Where is the smile? Most fish pics have the people grinnin from ear to ear. After the next cold front or two go thru, will get the r. currant headin your way. Arne.

I was pretty tired there and didnt have anyone to take the pics. I set my camera up on my oil filling pipe outside with the timer on and was caught off guard on both pics. I think that blue got into a fight with another blue for that bait as it was bleeding when it came out of the water, the other part of that tail fin was there but folded backwards. As for the fluke, It was fine when I put it in the bag (with the Blue and ice) but when I pulled it out it looked like that. I actually pushed its tongue (or stomach?) back in before the pic but it came right out again standing there waiting for the pic. that Bluefish would have won last years contest which would have been $25,000 cash. Looks like the contest may get postponed this weekend due to hurricane Irene which will probably kill our Sunday. The water will be mighty rough if they dont postpone which which will give us Shore fishers an advantage over the boaters who usually have the advantage of hitting the deep spots or just moving around to find where the fish are. I have my foul weather gear and kind of hope they dont postpone it.

Yep, if I had the money Id look into one of those as I like them both also. I actually love the older Outback Sedans and hopefully when Im ready to buy another car can find one of thise with lower mileage at a decent price.

Had a King Salmon fishing trip set up for Lake Ontario but it just got cancelled from the storm. I'm pretty bummed but it can always get rescheduled. It's better than getting swept away on the open water!

Joe, I was born and grew up near Oswego. NYand spent a lot of time on Lake Ontario. It is not a body of water to get crazy on. It can get really bad in a storm. After I moved away, I went up every year for about 5 years in the late 90's through 2001 salmon fishing. Always lots of fish and usually the water was never really calm.

If someone will send me the instructions for posting pics again, I post some pics of some real fish from Costa Rica.

Mike

Yeah I'm bummed and the reschedule date doesn't work for me either. My father has been chartering with the same captain just outside of Oswego for 22 years. He said the forecast could factor into 6 foot swells on the lake. I would definitely be "chumming." It's a beautiful area up there and some of the best trout I've eaten have come from that lake.

I went out on a charter boat in Rhode Island and caught some very nice fish! I caught 3 nice Bluefish, 3 very nice Stripers, a small Fluke and a small Sea Bass. Best of all was the 51" Striper which really made my day. Ill try to get some pics up but every time I try and use the multi-card reader I have serious problems. I was trying for about 45 minutes and it was just busting my chops and I need to put it down or Ill whip it against the wall. As usual I forgot my digital camera so now I have to screw around with this set up!

Sounds like you had a good day Wade, glad to hear it. I really look forward to seeing the pictures. Maybe I can get Steve to do a tutorial for you. LOL

Figures, right after I posted that I played with it again and all and it worked fine, freaking weird! Anyway, here are the pics. I forgot, I also caught 1 Albacore (False Tuna)

RI Boat Marirdee.JPG

Albacore.JPG

RI boat floor.JPG

Seagulls.JPG

Striper.JPG

Back