First wave of grapes this year

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joea132

Reaction score
I was in the area today and decided to get a part of my grape order that came in from M and M. I ordered 8 lugs of Lanza Cabernet Sauvignon and was able to fit 6 more in the car. These were some of the best looking grapes I've seen so far. 26 brix and 3.3 pH.

Looking forward to the next 3 waves coming in. 8 lugs of Lanza Cabernet Sauvignon from the Koch ranch, 16 lugs of Lanza Petit Syrah, and 5 lugs of Lanza Cabernet Franc. I'll try to score more Franc while I'm on the dock though.

So far I am super pumped about this years harvest!

Yea Joe your getting some great grapes,Im still in line waiting.I hope Malvina chimes in on her order and can give us all some good advice.

Yeah Rock, I wouldn't hold your breath on hearing from Malvina.... I was very impressed how good the grapes looked. The primativo on the dock was exquisite. Every cluster was picture perfect. It's turning out to be as good as they said it would be.

Yeah Rock, I wouldn't hold your breath on hearing from Malvina.... I was very impressed how good the grapes looked. The primativo on the dock was exquisite. Every cluster was picture perfect. It's turning out to be as good as they said it would be.
Your killing me!!My brothers and I are picking up this week all Lanza,its amazing how great their grapes are year after year.The best Petite Sirah I ever had and I gave a 30 gallon barrel of it from 2010 cant wait to bottle it.My brother did the Musto/Lanza Sangiovese last year and its turning out amazing.Yea I was hoping to meet with her and try her wine,I heard from great sources she makes a great bottle of wine.The most knowledgeable thats for sure.

Rock that sounds great. I've heard from other people too that Lanza's petit sirah is great. Maybe I'll see you on the docks. The rest of my order should be in within a couple of days.

It's a shame about losing a very knowledgeable member but I can understand why... I know I learned quite a bit from her.

Latest posts

Back