First batch of wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
I'm going to be picking grapes next weekend for my first batch. I'm a seasoned beer brewer and I know how to generally make wine. However, I've become accustomed to using Beersmith for calculating how much of XXX i need in my recipes.

I've studied the stickies and seen conversion charts and galore, but are there any wine softwares (preferably free) that let me calculate how much acid, sulfate, brix, volume, etc. I'm a techie geek so i like to see it all in front of me.

thanks

I am also very interested in wine making software. Love Beersmith for all my beer brewing needs, would be awesome to have something like that for wine.

I use Winemaker's Toolbox, an android app. It calculates Brix/SG, potential alcohol, chaptalization, fortification, SO2, TA, etc. I also downloaded Vino Calculator by Computer Resources but haven't used it yet. It provides similar information and calculations.

i'm planning on a 100% cabnernet sauv and a 100% zin (maybe some minor blending there) and a late harvest white or some sort. It all depends on what my vineyard guy still has. People are picking now, and I don't get back in town until next week so im at the mercy of the weather

Or if there is no one-all software, what are the charts and conversions i need to make wine properly.

I'm guessing my brix to SG (which i already use for beer)
SO2 chart
Acidity chart
fining agent chart

anything else?

Latest posts

Back