First all grape wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!! I have yet to bottle my measly 1 gallon of frontenac blanc. Waiting for this years' harvest to back sweeten with fresh juice. How would you characterize your wine? Sweet? Crisp? What fruits? Citrus or melons? Worth the effort of growing? I have heart aches every year with my 4 marquettes 4 frontenac and 2 blancs. Keep loosing my leon millots :(

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Very Nice!

You need to make a label fitting of your accomplishment.

Congratulations!! I have yet to bottle my measly 1 gallon of frontenac blanc. Waiting for this years' harvest to back sweeten with fresh juice. How would you characterize your wine? Sweet? Crisp? What fruits? Citrus or melons? Worth the effort of growing? I have heart aches every year with my 4 marquettes 4 frontenac and 2 blancs. Keep loosing my leon millots :(

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I back sweetened to a S.G. of 1.004. I'd describe it as definitely crisp. While my palate is by no means refined comparably speaking to most here I'm detecting slight hints of pineapple and other citrus for sure. As far as is it worth it? To me it is. While it's a TON of work (350+ vines with 4 varieties) it's very satisfying to create your own wine knowing every decision you made played a part in the end product.

As for the labels. This is mine and what I use on most all my wines from the orchard and vineyard.;)

Back