Fashionably Late???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pioneergirl

Reaction score
Although I have posted as a newbie under other threads in the last day or so, I have finally noticed there is an actual thread titled "Introductions"!

Sorry, for the late intro., I am a highly distracted mother of 3 in Meridian, Idaho who is a wine-o after 4 or 5pm in the evening. It's medicinal :i.

I started my first wine kit after my husband decided he was going to brew his own beer and then I intercepted the catalog in the mail and saw winemaking kits!!! He said, "Oh, yeah, you can make wine too.". Darn straight!

We do alot ourselves. We hunt, fish, gather/forage, grow veggies, can/preserve/smoke our food and now we shall make our own drink! We like to have fun outdoors and be with friends. I am excited about being more self reliant as a family and love being around people who feel the same way on any level. It's not that hard, it just takes time, which a lot of people are willing to give up. Anyway, here I am! Carolyn

Welcome! This is the place for self-reliant people. Just had a bottle of my first Moscato in this great hobby. You will make better wine here, I know i have learned a lot!

Hi Carolyn,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. LOL, I, also, started making wine because my husband was making beer. And I do a lot of canning as well. You need to look into cheesemaking now that you have started making wine.

Welcome Carolyn. Glad to have you aboard and there are forums here for most of that stuff also so join in.

Carolyn welcome to the party. I have a feeling we'll be learning plenty from you just as you''ll be learning about wine here. Ask plenty of questions and we'll be happy to help.

Welcome to the forum, Carolyn. I've already commented on a couple of your posts.

Hi Carolyn,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. LOL, I, also, started making wine because my husband was making beer. And I do a lot of canning as well. You need to look into cheesemaking now that you have started making wine.

Julie, too funny! cheese - we were talking about that too! There is a lady here in Boise that teaches little classes out of her home; the university extension I think also does a class. It's on the list.....I can't imagine it being overly complicated; just another set of processes. Someday....

Do you make cheese then? The only thing I am concerned about is having to make a devoted space to age the cheese at some particular temperature; I have this vision of those racks of aging cheese in cool rooms.

Hi Carolyn welcome to the forum, some great people in here willing to share tons of knowledge.

Making your own alcholoic beverages is definitely in the same chapter as being self reliant.

33 yrs here in Alaska, I can relate.

Do Not show pictures of anything you hunted or killed, there are some people in here who are very sensitive to these images. I think there may be some children who frequent our site. But just to take a chance, heres a nice steak for you

Good luck on your wine making, any questions you HAVE WILL BE ANSWERD. yOUHAVE CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE.

cHEERS

1369LoinT-BoneSteak.jpg

Last edited:
Troy, you made my sides hurt from laughing!!! My husband goes to Alaska each year to hunt with his dear friend who lives in Anchorage. We only eat Game meat here at home and I try to can as much as possible from the garden- it just tastes better. I can't comment on whether it's cheaper - because each year I watch all the "gear" that has to be purchased for hunting and fishing!!! And now with 3 growing boys - that's just more guns, gear and "toys" to purchase in the future for recreation. We are so excited to add this to the repetoire (hopefully I spelled that correctly). Carolyn

Back