WineXpert Eclipse Forza

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm…….

273078_512x288_generated.jpg

But wait theres more, its 3 wines in one! Its an Amarone, A Super Tuscan AND a Chianti all in ONE!

Winexpert used to have a Corvina blend in their Crushendo line that was really good after it was aged - I'm guessing this is an update of that wine

Post up when you start this one.

I'll do one better and even reserve you a bottle of the batch when finished. That way if they offer this in a few more years you'll have an idea if you want to buy it or not. Curious if our LHBS will get this one in, they still have quite a few of the LE Super Tuscans from this Spring's offerings.

I was over there on Monday and the guy at the counter was talking like they were getting them in soon.

I just picked up a wine rack for 158 bottles total. But bought it from a guy in Lancaster County who has a local source who sells for the same as the LP price. We swapped a couple bottles (my chard and cab for his Malbec and merlot) and chatted some about labels and such. Suggested he get on here.

I'll go a one for one swap, for sure.

I was over today to pick up another 6 gallon glass carboy so I didn't have to rack all the time to free up my only one I have now. Plus I needed some new bungs since the one I have for my current 6 gallon carboy was not allowing me to keep a vacuum for very long using the brake bleeder setup. They had a sign up and the "dude" at the counter said that they had expected to get them in this week but it wasn't with their normal Wednesday shipment.

I keep working on them to lower their Super Tuscan price since they have 8 or 9 of them in stock (possibly more, they hide stuff in the back). If we could pressure them a little I'm sure we could get them down 10 or 20 percent if they think they could move them quicker.

Oooh, got an email from Labelpeelers, shipped today. No eta yet on FedEx website, but I'd guess by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Update: getting it tomorrow, unbelievable. I love FedEx Ground sometimes...

Last edited:
I was very curious about what yeast they would include. Both EC1118 and RC212 included. Oak is 60g of Med & Heavy blend chips plus 30g French cubes. Grape skins around 6 lbs.

Interesting. RC212 is pretty easy going. I guess the 1118 is insurance. Not that you should take my advice, but I'd probably just pitch the 212.

As a side note, I just started the LE Super Tuscan which came with only RC212.

Latest posts

Back