WineXpert Eclipse Forza

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm beat. Bottled the Forza and a cab. Then racked the zin and the Fourtitude. There's a mess down in the wine room that I just don't want to deal with right now.

Hope Craig got home okay after we were done. The skies opened up and it poured here.

It'll be another year or better this this one is ready to drink. We used a higher end cork that will be fine for 5+ years. So, I'm in no rush.

I agree. Bottled mine yesterday and think it has huge potential.

I just gave my last taster 375 ml bottle to jgmann, so I still have 24 x 750ml bottles in the "sanctuary". Let's see what the count is this time next year. I'd like to keep a significant portion until it hits three years old (July 2018).

It has the makings of an incredible wine. All the notes I was hoping for. Deep color, cherry nose, sour cherry and red fruit palate. Tannic, but not off-puttingly so. It's going to need a long nap. Easily another year on the shelf.

The first taster will be around the new year I think.

@ceeaton - not here... We got pasted with rain.

Presently at the 7 month point added dose of K-meta sampled a wee bit. Yep gonna like this one too.

We tapped a bottle of the Forza with dinner last night. We were drinking it after an EP Amarone. It was way too young to compare them - the Forza is still a baby, the Amarone was 3.5 years old. There are still some hard edges to this wine. But, the cherry and dark chocolate were very much front and center. In another year, this is going to be awesome... I hope.

We tapped a bottle of the Forza with dinner last night. We were drinking it after an EP Amarone. It was way too young to compare them - the Forza is still a baby, the Amarone was 3.5 years old. There are still some hard edges to this wine. But, the cherry and dark chocolate were very much front and center. In another year, this is going to be awesome... I hope.

I agree. Have had a couple bottles. Still edgy, but huge potential that I think it will live up to.

Back