WineXpert Eclipse Forza

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a little bit since a post on the Forza. Anyone have this in their rotation yet? I'm guessing it's still a little too early.

Craig (ceeaton) talked me down from bottling a couple weeks ago. It's still slated for August.

We tasted it this afternoon, though. It's like the Super Tuscan turned up to 11. I think the name I've chosen for the Forza fits pretty nicely:

"Comfortably Numb"

:db

"Comfortably Numb"

Great! Now that tune is going through my head. Actually, the wife and kids just went to see a movie (some Dorie movie) up at Haar's, won't be back until 10:30pm or later. I can crank the stereo, yahoo!

Maybe I'll open a small Forza, sit in "my chair" and fall asleep to Comfortably Numb in the basement. Ah, too nice outside tonight, I'll play it in the garage and think about all the yard work I didn't do today (because my younger brother kept me up until 12:30 am this morning, though I enjoyed it).

Wish I had a nice Cuban cigar to pollute my lungs with.

Great! Now that tune is going through my head. Actually, the wife and kids just went to see a movie (some Dorie movie) up at Haar's, won't be back until 10:30pm or later. I can crank the stereo, yahoo!

Maybe I'll open a small Forza, sit in "my chair" and fall asleep to Comfortably Numb in the basement. Ah, too nice outside tonight, I'll play it in the garage and think about all the yard work I didn't do today (because my younger brother kept me up until 12:30 am this morning, though I enjoyed it).

As I was moving wine today,I thought about you Craig, I came across the three wines I bottled early, 9 months old. I'm happy to say, there were thirty each of the Forza, Borolo, and Nebbiolo.

As I was moving wine today,I thought about you Craig, I came across the three wines I bottled early, 9 months old. I'm happy to say, there were thirty each of the Forza, Borolo, and Nebbiolo.

Good job John, good job!

After I just viewed an image of myself eating dinner, I have decided that I should drink all my wine early since my death is imminent. I'm getting old quicker than I had planned.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1466296238.549780.jpg

All I need is a good cigar.

It's been a little bit since a post on the Forza. Anyone have this in their rotation yet? I'm guessing it's still a little too early.

Craig (ceeaton) talked me down from bottling a couple weeks ago. It's still slated for August.

We tasted it this afternoon, though. It's like the Super Tuscan turned up to 11. I think the name I've chosen for the Forza fits pretty nicely:

"Comfortably Numb"

:db

Pink Floyd ...must be listened to loud and through headphones, IMO. When the redhead sees me pull out the headphones, she just goes shopping for a few hours. But, she always come back because she know Santana will be up next...and loud.

Summer's here...today was Allmond Brothers, Eat a Peach day around here...Greg and Dickie dueling leads...always loved it. Had a crew over helping me build a patio awning by the pool...young guys...they were amazed at this antique rock music....Is this the same song?? Yeah, yes, yes it is!! Love long running jams.:h

Never thought about looking to music for wine names....Thanks!

I drank one of Craig's splits of Forza last week. Delicious, even early. Quite fruity, a little hot.

Craig: Did you use all the additives? Even Sorbate? What type of water did you use?

Very nice Job!

I drank one of Craig's splits of Forza last week. Delicious, even early. Quite fruity, a little hot.

Craig: Did you use all the additives? Even Sorbate? What type of water did you use?

Very nice Job!

Glad you liked it! Used only the RC 212 yeast (not the EC-1118) so I think it ended up with a higher terminal gravity by a few points. No sorbate, water was good 'ol Lake Meade water that was boiled, cooled and decanted off the precipitate like I do for my beer making. Very high in minerals/carbonate etc (ie. very hard, use RO water for my fish tank downstairs because of it).

The alcohol is definitely in there, hoping that component of the flavor profile dies back a bit over time. I keep meaning to try one but never get around to it. Guess that is good, don't want to disturb what is in the wine sanctuary (I want the number of bottles in there to grow, not decline).

Bottling this beauty in 45 days.

Planning burgundy bottles with a black satin capsule. May go with a different label design. Can't wait.

You just reminded me - mine was due to come out of the barrel last week.

I'd be interest in a tasting note from the barrel.

Should be getting it out this weekend. Gotta get the Aglianico bottled first to free up the Better Bottle. The glass carboys hold more than the barrel.

I'd be interest in a tasting note from the barrel.

OK, this is yummy and most definitely an "Amarone Style" wine. Gonna enjoy this a year from now. I added 5g of Tannin Riche Extra and will bottle next month.

Funny I just got an email that this post was updated as I just opened a bottle after a year of bottle aging

The LHBS has a few Forza kits left in inventory. I was surprised given that production wrapped months ago and most places are out of stock. With limited funds (meaning I can really only afford to buy one more kit for now), would you buy another Forza or pick up a Bravado Super Tuscan?

Back