degassing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosa6329

Reaction score
So I just realized that my mini car vacuum cleaner has an attachment made to pump up airbeds and tubes. This attachment would fit perfectly into plastic cork that is drilled. Would this be sufficient enough to degass my skeeter pee and my wine? If so, when do I know when its completley degassed?

Wouldn't that put air in? For degassing you want to create a vaccum to get air (gas) out

Even if you could draw from the vacuum side of the cleaner, I doubt that you would have enough power to do much good. IMO
Good thinking anyway!!

Good idea, but no ... I tried it. I have an Areo Bed pump that sucks as well as blows and it doesn't pull a deep enough vacuum. Actually the Vacu-vin worked better and that is what I used till I got an aspirator pump.

Wouldn't that put air in? For degassing you want to create a vaccum to get air (gas) out

On this vacuum you can move the hose to either suck air or to blow air. I would just use that attachment and keep the hose so it would suck

It just can't create enough of a vacuum to do any serious degassing. Use a drill stirrer until you can move up to a nice vacuum pump.

I agree, though the foodsaver can do it they will burn out not to mention you want a gauge so as you know you have done it enough or not put too much vacuum on a carboy or youll really have a disaster on your hands!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back