Hoses clip for All In One vacuum pump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WI_Wino

Reaction score
I thought I would share a gadget I made with our 3D printer. It's a clip to hold the hoses for the All In One vacuum pump. I've had one for 10(?) years and the weight of the hoses would always cause them to shift as I was bottling. I bottle alone and like to cork in batches so it was difficult to keep the bottling plug from moving around and touching an un sanitized surface. The clip is designed for 3/8" and 1/2" OD tubing. Here are some pics.20240219_143737.jpg20240219_143730.jpg20240219_143737.jpg20240219_143914.jpg20240219_144239.jpg20240219_144245.jpg20240219_144250.jpg

20240219_143727.jpg

I use printables for STL file sharing. Here is a link to the STL if you want it: https://www.printables.com/model/772372-all-in-one-vacuum-pump-hose-clip

No 3D printer but I'm a woodworker and bet I can duplicate. Thanks for the great idea!!
Sure you could. Just take a small block of wood and drill two holes in it from top to bottom, the diameters of which match the tubing OD. After the holes are drilled, slice the block on a bandsaw or table saw almost in half so that the tubing is trapped in the grooves formed by the drill. Drill your two mounting holes and you are done. "Viola!" (Yes, I know it is "voila")

Sure you could. Just take a small block of wood and drill two holes in it from top to bottom, the diameters of which match the tubing OD. After the holes are drilled, slice the block on a bandsaw or table saw almost in half so that the tubing is trapped in the grooves formed by the drill. Drill your two mounting holes and you are done. "Viola!" (Yes, I know it is "voila")
Amazing how great minds run in the same channel!!!🤣 Exactly what I had in mind!!!

Well, here's my two cents. I sent the link to my son so he could print the blocks. he printed 4, two of which I broke trying to get the 3/8" tubing to seat in the slot. The outside walls are too thin as he printed them. I am going to talk with him to see if he can modify the print file.

Well, here's my two cents. I sent the link to my son so he could print the blocks. he printed 4, two of which I broke trying to get the 3/8" tubing to seat in the slot. The outside walls are too thin as he printed them. I am going to talk with him to see if he can modify the print file.
Interesting. A friend of mine printed two for me but I haven't gotten them yet. If I have the same issue, I would be interested in your modifications!

What material did he use? I printed in PLA which is pretty stiff. The hoses are snug fit but I have used them several times without any issue. It might be better to increase the diameter a smidge rather than add more material to the side. Also I am using the exact hoses that came with the pump, the 3/8" is OD, not ID.

I ordered some PETG for another project (more flexible than PLA). I'll pretty one of these too and see if it is easier to snap the tubing in and out.

Looking forward to trying this out - I been installing eyelets to help with this similar issue for the vacuum line going to the reservoir bottle

Attachments

• All In One Pump Side.jpg
    All In One Pump Side.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
It might be better to increase the diameter a smidge rather than add more material to the side.

I would consider kerfing the existing design. Instead of a 2”(?) long piece, add 1/16 slits into the existing pieces, to get 4 x 1/2” features. The key is to add flexibility so the tube can fit into the holder.

I bought some PETG filament and printed a tubing holder. Same exact model but it is significantly easier to snap the tubing in and out vs the PLA filament.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back