Chilean Wine Making Class

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great! I can't wait. I have yet to do anything other than kits and could really use some help before diving into juice pails.

Cheers.

Ok folks we got a date now for the class. I can tell you the email went out at 1pm today and he class is already half filled. If you're interested in attending you can register on our web site or by calling. Below is the email that went out if you did not get it.

We plan on holding the event on February 8th, 2014, at our Isle House at 9:45am – 12pm and would be honored to have you participate in our workshop.

If you have never attended the event before, our goal is to make winemakers more comfortable with using Chilean juice, and to be there along the way to help answer questions about the process. This will be a great opportunity to share your experiences with fellow wine makers – good or bad, and to help build upon that to make your next batch even better!

Attendees will be offered our lowest prices on all of our Chilean Juice Pail varieties.

During the workshop, we will discuss:

• Advantages and Origin of our Chilean Juice: Owner, Frank Sergi, and Winemaker, Charles Crespi, from Luva Bella Winery, the importer of our juices, will be in house to explain the advantages of the juice , describe the region in which it was produced, and the process of getting the juice from vine to pail.
• Yeast, Nutrients, and Fermentation Process: Kris Kane, our Executive Winemaker at Presque Isle Wine Cellars, and recently honored as one of America’s Top 100 Most Influential Winemakers, will be discussing the different yeast strains used successfully over the years, and why they were chosen, in addition to the importance of monitoring fermentation and the nutrients used during this process.
• Questions or Concerns You May Have: Kris will also address your questions and concerns in an effort to help you produce the best possible wines.
• Techniques of Blending Wines: Blending wines can take a good batch and put it over the top. We’ll reveal some techniques to help blend a port, and to help get the best aroma, taste, color and oak profiles out of your wine. I’ll also give you some insight on the tools that have helped make the process easier for us.
• Chilean Wine Tastings: We will also be sharing Presque Isle Wine Cellars’ Chilean wines to give you a sense of what can be achieved with these juice pails if you have yet to create a batch of your own.
• Share Your Chilean Wine with Us: Be sure to bring wines from your previous Chilean batches to allow us and other participants to enjoy and provide you with feedback. There are sure to be enjoyable wines to sample.

We’re very excited to be putting on this event again this year and would love to see some new faces, so if you have friends or family interested in the wine making process, please be sure to bring them along! If you’re interested in attending, you can give us a call at the winery to reserve a spot (814-725-1314), or you can Register Here.

Would you like us to continue contacting you regarding products, special juice sales, or events? Please click here to ensure we have you on our mailing list, or take the time to update your preferences so that we are only sending you the types of messages that you want.
!
Associate Winemaker
Dan Wolfe

Wow...great to hear! Any thoughts of making this a yearly paid event?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wine Making mobile app

No video. A yearly event yes but we don't charge at least not yet. We are here to help wine makers. Raisins were brought up and half the class went ballistic, why would you ever add those with a grape wine?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Wine Making mobile app

What was the take away, regarding raisins? Was the conclusion left to style? Or a big no no?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wine Making mobile app

Back