Cellar Craft Cellar Craft International Limited Releas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally broke down, bit the bullet and put in my order for the limited editions last night.

Here's what I've ordered:

Mosti: Cabernet Sauvignon del Vento

Mosti: Rojo Grande with Raisins

Cellar: Super-Tuscan Style Rosso Fortisimo Reserve Curvee

WE: Pacific Quartet

That should keep me off the streets till mid-year I'm guessing!

smiley36.gif

I hear they don't deliver to where you live. I will make the extreme sacrifice and accept delivery of your shipment for you. Since you can't make it over right away, I better make those kits for you so they don't exceed their expiration date. Then there is your storage problem. I better age them for you. What's that, you are having stomach problems? Well if you insist, I will sample about 30 bottles of each for you.
smiley4.gif

Me thinks with all the wine you have going Rich that maybe I should assist you in this endeavor as you probably wont have enough room or carboys for them. That is what friends are for!

<wiping tear from eye> <sniff>
It's so touching to see how kind and generous ya'll are!
smiley36.gif
I truly do appreciate your offers!

<laughing>

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with both Cellar Craft and Mosti Mondiale kits. If so which line of kit and how did they compare?

If it's any help to you, dfw, I ended up with 2 of the Red Mountain Valley Cabs last year. I made one in April/May, and the other in October. The first batch was very impressive (and very young) at bottling.

So, while I'm SURE that the GSM will be lovely, there are other options for that combo available. However, the RMV wines are much more rare. If the RMV Syrah is half as good as the Cab, I'll be a happy gal.

So that'll be my choice.

kc

Ijust placed my limited edition order. I started over. I had made a decision before, but after George added the CC kits, I decided I should start over and look at all the kits combined and choose my favorite one per month from January through April, with the limitation of only one Meglioli for budget reasons. I really thought the CC line was impressive, especially with the grape packs. So here are my choices:

January: CC Super-Tuscan Style Rosso Fortisimo Reserve Cuvée

February: WE Sicilian Nero d'Avola/Shiraz

March: Meglioli Rojo Grande with Raisins

April: CC Gard, France GSM (Grenache, Syrah, Mourvédre)

The Feb. WE kit will give me some cost relief before the MM hits in March. Plus, I wanted to try the WE kit. I was very close to getting the CC Syrah for February.Edited by: dfwwino

I'm still deciding but thinking towards
Meglioli Rojo Intenso
Meglioli Barolo
WE Australian Riesling
possibly the CC Red Mountain Syrah

dfwwino said:
... So here are my choices:

January: CC Super-Tuscan Style Rosso Fortisimo Reserve Cuvée

February: WE Sicilian Nero d'Avola/Shiraz

March: Meglioli Rojo Grande with Raisins

April: CC Gard, France GSM (Grenache, Syrah, Mourvédre)

The Feb. WE kit will give me some cost relief before the MM hits in March. Plus, I wanted to try the WE kit. I was very close to getting the CC Syrah for February.

The thing that I like most about theCC Rosso Fortissimo is that they are saying right up front that it needs aging

"but do plan to give the wine extended ageing up to 3 or even 4 years so that you and your guests can discover all that the wine has to offer"

http://www.cellarcraftwine.com/PDFs/2008%20Limited%20Release%20announcement%20and%20description.pdf

It is so nice to see the kit maker provide this kind of advise and it looks like this one can become a big wine.Edited by: ras1

I would like to do the CC Rosso Fortissimo. Any reason why I cannot age this in acarboy for 2-3 years? The advantage is uniform wine I suppose and less worry about drinking. The downside would be if the batch goes bad the whole batch goes bad. Thoughts?

Coaster said:
I would like to do the CC Rosso Fortissimo. Any reason why I cannot age this in acarboy for 2-3 years? The advantage is uniform wine I suppose and less worry about drinking. The downside would be if the batch goes bad the whole batch goes bad. Thoughts?

Just keep an eye on your sulfite levels and you should be fine. I have a WE Cabernet that is right at 2 years in a carboy. The CC Rosso is the best kit I have ever made and it was the old version with smaller grape pack.

Hi all,

I've tried two kits thus far (pretty much a newbie). My first was a Vintner's Reserve Pinot which didn't turn out . . . well. Drinkable, but not enjoyable. learned some valuable lessons about patience and driving off CO2. Oh well.

My second was a Cellar Craft White Shiraz that I am about to bottle. Having tried a glass after fermentation and seeing the color in the carboy, i think it's going to be OUTSTANDING.

I just ordered a Cellar Craft Nebbiolo Riserva, and was wondering if anyone else has tried that. I am also thinking about putting some rehydrated raisins in with the must. Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation no how much I should use to kick up the alcohol a tad.

ThanksEdited by: JJinOH

Latest posts

Back