Cellar Craft Cellar Craft International Limited Releas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfwwino

Reaction score
I came across the following information for Cellar Craft for their limited release:

January: Super-Tuscan style, Rosso Fortissimo, Reserve Cuvee
We have created an even more exciting version of our popular wine kit for 2008 Limited Release program.

February: Red Mountain Syrah, Sunset Ridge Vineyard
Only 2% of Washington's Syrah comes from this acclaimed appellation. 15% of that is now available to Cellar Craft customers.

March: Yakima Valley Washington, Gentil
A tribute to "Noble White Blends of Alsace".

April: Gard France, GSM (Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre)
This mix forms the basis of classic South-Rhone wines.

George, do you carry any of these kits? I'd love to get the April release, as I love Rhone wines. Edited by: dfwwino

George doesn't currently carry Cellar Craft kits but might be adding them in the future.

I buy quite a few Cellar Craft kits and I'm very happy with them. I particularly like the 12L grape pack kits and aboslutely loved the 12L grape pack Amarone! I have a Rosso Fortissimo bulk aging andI'm waiting to start a 12L grape pack Barbera. I'm also excited about the April GSM selection as well as the "Super" Rosso Fortissimo.

I too like the CC kits, in particular the grape pack kits. I consider these the top of the line kit for reds that I have tried thus far.

How do the CC 12L kits with the grape packs compare to the WE 15L kits without a grape pack? I'm curious if the extra juice in the WE kitsmakes up for what you get from the skins in the CC with less juice.

Mike

The Celler Craft Rosso Fortissimo (grape pack)have beenthe absolute best kits I have made to date. Seems many liked the Amarone (grape pack)as well at WineStock. I don't know what their other kits are like but those two in particular get very high marks. Edited by: smurfe

I will find tomorrow out about carrying the CC Limited Editions. I, too, was not just blown away by either WE or RJ. Sounds like Meglioli time!

I've made the 12L grape packs in Cab Sauv and Amarone and my friend has made them inMerlot and Syrah and I have the Barbera on order. I think they compare very favorably with the larger kits without the grape packs. Of course the big kits with the grape packs are still the best.

Hi George

What did you find out about the CC limited kits? Will you be
carrying them soon? Sure sorry I missed WineSrock but I sure do
like my glasses.

Advise please

thanx

rrawhide

It would be great to get that April release of the GSM, to cap off my desire to order the WE Carmenere/Cab Jan LE, Meglioli Rojo Intenso Feb LR, and the RJ Nero D'Avola Mar. RQ.Edited by: dfwwino

Way back in 1976, before SWMBO, I lived in NYC and was a member of a group called Les Amis du Vin (The Friends of Wine). It was hosted in a private room of a very good French resturant in Manhattan. Every month they had a multi-course dinner with a selection of wines and an expert to talk about them. November was the Huntsman's Dinner, with all the food being wild game, paired with wines.

The culmination was venison medallions paired with Chateau Neuf du Pape. One question at the end was that, since the CNdP was so spectacular, why bother with the preceeding wines. The answer, "To quote Dr. Ruth, foreplay is essential."

I think the next kit I buy will be some choice of CNdP blend.

The CC kits for 2008 are on the site.
Cellar Craft Limited Release Collection

If you have already placed your order for 2008, information will be in the newsletter about how to add these kits or change your order. I have also extended the 10% off date to the end of November due to the addition of the Cellar Craft kits.

I will be adding more of the CC and RJ kits as time, space and money become available.

WOW..............
smiley3.gif

Cellar Craft got proud of their kits didn't they.......... $169........ OUCH!

Yes, they did. The good news is that if you are in my Growers Club you will get 10% off and if you order 4 or more of ANY of the limited availability kits (26 different kits from 4 manufacturers) you get another 10% off which makes the price of the CC kits around $135.00.

That would make it a lot more reasonable.

I also forgot to mention that my findings have been that Cellar Craft has some of the best kits out there.

Thats great George. Hopefully these oil prices will not beat up my wallet to much cause Id really like to give the Cellar Craft kits a try.

I've decided to order one limited edition from each of the four kit manufacturers. I'm am having a devil of a time deciding between the CC Syrah v. the CC GSM.

Latest posts

Back