Cellar Craft Cellar Craft Limited Release kits for 2012

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most LHBS will order some extra but I would start looking now and get one a list ASAP for this one.

math problem

Sunset Ridge Vineyard RED MOUNTAIN TRIO – (Cabernet, Syrah, Merlot)
With 2 liter virgin Red Mountain crushed grape pack
April 2012 Release
This offering has been styled by our Washington supplier to mimic his most successful blend: 65% Cabernet; 35% Syrah and 15% Merlot… Both juices and skins will share these proportions.
65%+35%+15%=115%
even hockey players only claim to give 110%
funny20194.gif

Most LHBS will order some extra but I would start looking now and get one a list ASAP for this one.

The Red Mountain Trio limited release kits arrived at the LHBS that does Cellar Craft here yesterday. I wasn't on the list but he had two extras. I got one of them. :r

However as I'm headed out of town for a couple of weeks it will have to wait till I get back at the end of the month to get started.

The Red Mountain Trio limited release kits arrived at the LHBS that does Cellar Craft here

... which by the way, since I know there are some of you here, means that if you are in Edmonton, Creative Connoiseur in the west end on 170th street still has one more extra if nobody else snarfed it yet. If you hurry you might get it..:HB

Oops, I think I may have just grabbed it. I just picked up two of his extras from the west end Edmonton store at 5pm tonight.

Oops, I think I may have just grabbed it. I just picked up two of his extras from the west end Edmonton store at 5pm tonight.

So it WAS you!!! Those were supposed to have been for me. :slp

Just kidding. Quite a drive from Colorado Springs to Edmonton. Let us know how they turn out.

Ha!

George sent out an email on Thursday saying the Red Mountain Trio will ship out on Tuesday next week! :db

So it WAS you!!! Those were supposed to have been for me. :slp

Just kidding. Quite a drive from Colorado Springs to Edmonton. Let us know how they turn out.

Will do! I had all my primaries busy but I'll start one kit next week and get it rolling. Im excited about this one as its my first CC attempt and I've been reading so many good reviews about the CC Red Mountain Cab.

The RMT was shipped out yesterday and will arrive Friday! :db
Got mine this morning . . . haha. Nice amount of dark oak Hungarian shavings and medium to dark cubes. No dust so I guess I'll add my usual untoasted American oak dust in primary. I guess that's just part of my MO. The grape pack looks okay, rather small. I guess once you've done one of those 2.6 ltr superpacks from a couple years ago (CC Rossa Fortussimo LR) it's hard to go back. It's going to be a while before I can start this puppy as I've got three kits on deck and no empty carboys. Check out my "wnat's cooking" link.

Last edited:
What so this isn't a "super pack"? I thought that was part of the whole "Limited Release" program. Supposedly superior juice as well as a larger grape pack..........

Hmmmm.........

Somebody "get a rope" .......

I will hold this as well in the wings as a back up in case I need something to toss into a barrel to keep it full.

What so this isn't a "super pack"?
Looked line a typical CC grape pack to me. I will weigh or measure it tonight. But it does have 115% total juice. 65% Cabernet; 35% Syrah and 15% Merlot, so maybe that's why they could cut back on the grape pack. hahaha

The CC full release for this kit says it comes with a 2L grape pack. Seems to me that the super packs were 2.6L...... :tz

yeah, I was bummed out that the Nebbiolo only came with a 2L grape pack, I was expecting 2.6L like years past. Oh well, I too have a couple of the RMT that should be here on Friday, 2L grape packs and all!

Just Double checked. Last year CC LR Rosso Fortissimo had 2.6 ltr grape pack. Todays Red Mt Trio has 2.0 ltr.

I think you mean : Cost savings measure instituted by the new owner.....VINECO .....:s
WINEXPERT... :try...is owned by Andrew Peller Ltd (Peller Estates).

Actually Vineco is also owned by Andrew Peller.

In post #17 above, both of these kits (Nebbiolo, Red Mountain Trio) are described as having the 2 litre grape pack. I suspect (but don't know) that the info posted by Digger Dan came from Cellar Craft prior to the Vineco purchase.

While you may be disappointed by the 'small' grape pack, you should not have been surprised by it when you opened the box.

Steve

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back