WineXpert California Sauvignon Blanc Rosé

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL I used to be a red wine only guy but after awhile you realize there just might be a better wine to go with dinner (especially fish/fowl etc) and I like wine with food and not normally just all by itself. Summer is a great time to try something COLD. A Rosé is not to be confused with White Zinfandel! :)

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of light wines, but your NZ Sauvignon Blanc posts made me do one, I like it pretty well.

Now, the rose' is peaking my interest. I may have to stop reading your posts.

I tried the left over glass from yesterday and really liked it. A little young obviously and rough around the edges as it is only 2 months young but man, this is going to be good with a little time in the bottle. No Sorbate taste in my version! :db

Ah, the power of suggestion. After seeing your post, @ibglowin , I grabbed one from the cellar and chilled it down. I'm diggin' it! Nice zing to it and that 'just barely off dry' finish. I get a little sorbate, but surprisingly little, for the age of the wine. I'll definitely enjoy a few of these between now and the end of the summer, but will try and hold the rest for Thanksgiving and (mostly) next summer.

LOL I used to be a red wine only guy but after awhile you realize there just might be a better wine to go with dinner (especially fish/fowl etc) and I like wine with food and not normally just all by itself. Summer is a great time to try something COLD. A Rosé is not to be confused with White Zinfandel! :)

I can appreciate a good "other than red wine", and drink them regularly at paired wine dinners, always on the edge of my seat waiting for those big juicy reds. Really been enjoying the couple of white kits I've done, and particularly the frozen must whites. I shan't confuse a rose' with a White Zinfandel !!

I can appreciate a good "other than red wine", and drink them regularly at paired wine dinners, always on the edge of my seat waiting for those big juicy reds. Really been enjoying the couple of white kits I've done, and particularly the frozen must whites. I shan't confuse a rose' with a White Zinfandel !!

I used to be the same as Mike. (see below at about the 0:11 mark). But now, in the proper moments, I love me some white or Rose.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wouHpNCbqQY[/ame]

Ah, the power of suggestion. After seeing your post, @ibglowin , I grabbed one from the cellar and chilled it down. I'm diggin' it! Nice zing to it and that 'just barely off dry' finish. I get a little sorbate, but surprisingly little, for the age of the wine. I'll definitely enjoy a few of these between now and the end of the summer, but will try and hold the rest for Thanksgiving and (mostly) next summer.

My SV Rose also tasted like sorbate when I tasted it a few days ago, hoping it will fade with time.

Last edited:
Finally got mine started. I decided on 1/2 the F-pack in the primary and the zest of 1/2 a grapefruit in the secondary. This one is for next summers patio season.

cheers

I split this batch and am doing half fully dry and half 'about' the sweetness intended.

Their sales doesn't include MAP kits like those LE, except with the 'cart' price which is lower.
I don't think LP puts any sales code, it is a general sales.

yup, it's good, need to try another bottle now to see how it is progressing.

Checked my notes, started it May 1, so yes that sounds right....time for a sip... :db

I've had a few bottles already, but none since mid Aug. I'll probably hold off until Thanksgiving for another test.

I did taste it way at the beginning but it seemed like it faded off after a while being in the bottle when I opened my 2nd bottle around the 3 months mark or so.

You'll be happy.

Latest posts

Back