Broad Run Cellars 2015 Fall Crush

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honey, I shrunk the Press!

-1PJAWJpIchl.jpg

Just thinking about your "press space"........ :)

I have the #30 and it works very well for the Garagiste (like me) who uses Carboys. Holds 3 lugs easily and the price is reasonable.

I went big! Was planning on getting 200 lbs of Marquette and Frontenac gris grapes so I preempted the purchase with this. Until I tasted the Malbec I grabbed from winegrapesdirect. Let's just say I put the Marquette on hold. ImageUploadedByWine Making1444095293.619541.jpg

Racked off the gross lees tonight, then ran out of time. Will pitch MLB tomorrow or Thursday. All the heavy lifting is done now. The hard part begins - patience.

Got the VP41 pitched last night. All three wines smell great already. I say it every time but: "I'm very excited about this batch of wines".

Time for a little rest.

Started chromatography tonight and tasted all three. The Syrah and PS are scary good already. I think the Cab has not seen much MLF so far. Definitely an acid bite, where there other two are silky smooth, aside from a little residual CO2. We'll know more tomorrow, but I'm thinking I may need to re-pitch on the cab.

Overall though, I have to say I'm VERY impressed with the results from my Lanza grapes.

BB,

Just re-read through this thread.

was really enjoying all of the pictures.

Then I go to the "Dad pressing the grapes" picture.

Got all choked up (again). Father and Son.. Making wine together.. It's a beautiful thing..

so glad that they are turning out well. when are you inviting us down for a taste?????

(fyi, in NJ, taste = guzzle)

Last edited:
BB,

Just re-read through this thread.

was really enjoying all of the pictures.

Then I go to the "Dad pressing the grapes" picture.

Got all choked up (again). Father and Son.. Making wine together.. It's a beautiful thing..

so glad that they are turning out well. when are you inviting us down for a taste?????

(fyi, in NJ, taste = guzzle)

Stop by the next time you're headed to Culpeper. If you go via 66/29, you drive within two miles of us.

As I suspected, the Syrah and Petit Sirah are done, but the Cab looks like it never started. I'll order some CH16 and Acti-ML tonight and try again.

Latest posts

Back