Bottled my First Kit!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott B

Reaction score
Bottled my first kit this weekend, a WE IM Green Apple Riesling.

It taste good.
20090427_085033_RIESLING13_Medi.jpg

Finished Bottles. Got 28 1/2 bottles out of the batch.
20090427_085835_RIESLING17_Medi.jpg

Congrats Scott, looks great. You'll be hooked now! About having the 1/2 bottle left over, I too am new and was told by someone that when you get good at bottling; you'll always have a partial bottle left over to enjoy right then.
smiley36.gif

Nice job, Scott
I too am a newbie.
Now you can start on another wine.
smiley20.gif

Thanks nursejohn & IQwine.

I have 5 more kits brewing and 1 in the box waiting to start.
WE White Zin. will bottle next weekend
CC Barbera Aging in a Carboy until July 18
MM Renaissance Cabernet Sauvignon Aging in a Carboy until July 18
WE IM Raspberry Merlot In the 2nd fermentation until May 1
WE IMBlackberry CabernetIn the 2nd fermentation until May 1
MM Summer Breeze Chardonnay sitting in a box waiting to start.

Congrats1 On a great hobby (obsession). I bet you will drink those 28 in less than a month

Very nice looking batch, Scott. And yes, you must always have at least a glass left after bottling!!

Looks Great Scott!!
Just a note on your White Zinfandel you are making, when I make mine (Spagnol's kits) I add 2 cups of sugar boiled in some water and cooled when I bottle as the pack with the kit is not sweet enough for most tastes.

Thanks Barney, Waldo, Frank & Rita.

Frank & Rita, Thanks for the tip. I will taste it before I bottle to see if it needs a little kick.

Scott, wow, very clear wine!!!! Did you filter this??? And I think there is a memo somewhere that when you have a 1/2 bottle left over you have to consume it.
smiley36.gif

Congradulations. That does look good. I too, am new and have only bottled one kit. I am into the fruit wines now.

Question, how do you like that bucket with the spigot? Any issues?

I like the Spigot. Works well. Just be sure to clean it when you are done.

Have you used the Grav. Filter yet? I used mine just before I bottled this wine. Easy to use.

Scott B said:
I like the Spigot. Works well. Just be sure to clean it when you are done.

Have you used the Grav. Filter yet? I used mine just before I bottled this wine. Easy to use.

I've not ordered it yet. I know I want a wine kit but I cant decide on the one I want. I like the fruit wines really well but I still want to have a kit around. There are to many choices.

Latest posts

Back