Best homemade wine recipe you've tried?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laceyogden

Junior
Reaction score
Would love to try and do something fruity and a tested favorite among you vets! Can anyone point me to a recipe you love?

Would love to try and do something fruity and a tested favorite among you vets! Can anyone point me to a recipe you love?

I can easily recommend you start here... http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41825. I've used this recipe just as is once or twice and have used a variation of it to make a number of fruit wines of various berry mixes, peach and apple. All batches have come out good to great!

Maybe use 9 pounds instead of the 6 that is in the recipe to get more a more fruity taste. Good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you so much! That's what we were leaning towards trying! Is there a way to make the alcohol content higher?

If you want higher alcohol % just add more sugar to bring up your gravity I've pushed a couple to around 18% alcohol. SG of 1.135 of course that dropped to around 16%after I back sweeten it

Latest posts

Back