Bentonite in Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TARRENEL

Reaction score
I have 2 batches (5 gallons each) of skeeter pee going right now. The first one is in the clearing stage(Bentonite, Pot. Sorbate, and Pot.Meta) and the other I just put the last of the real lemon into the batch. Once I rack the cleared pee could I use the left over to kill the yeast and clear the second batch of pee?

I would advise against it. The reason why is that if there were ANY problems/contamination in the first batch, you would them pass to second batch. But, all the acid in lemons and the alcohol would kill any nasties anyway. I say why chance it.:h

Bentonite, Pot. Sorbate, and Pot.Meta do not kill yeast, so that idea has more than one flaw

I know it doesnt "kill" the yeast. I just wanted to know if i could just reuse it from batch to batch.

I know it doesnt "kill" the yeast. I just wanted to know if i could just reuse it from batch to batch.
Are you asking about re-using the sediment similar to how some people re-use the yeast cake from primary?

If so, the answer is NO!!! The K-sorbate and K-meta are absorbed into the first batch and not available in the sediment.

If not, please explain exactly what leftover you are wanting to re-use.

Steve

Latest posts

Back