WineXpert Battonage, Selections International Australian Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know right!? I have 5 cases that I just finished clearing, 5 that have just finished fermenting and just got 2 more kits from northern brew, all will or have gone through batonnage!...funny how my wife cut me off (from buying kits/juice) till she started running out ;)

I know right!? I have 5 cases that I just finished clearing, 5 that have just finished fermenting and just got 2 more kits from northern brew, all will or have gone through batonnage!...funny how my wife cut me off (from buying kits/juice) till she started running out ;)

Yeah. I know.. It was hot here last evening, and we had a commercial pino grigio in the fridge so we had white.... I like what I have in the Carboy better.. So I think I will bottle it and attempt to hide a few.. if it starts to go too fast I'll just start another.

It definately works phenomenally well with that WE Australian Chardonnay kit.. What others you done this on?

Well, with the hot weather here I couldn't resist anymore. I bottled it last night. We put the splits in the fridge and drank them as well. While I can certainly see this one will get better if I can keep it around a bit, it's definately an excellent white now, a lot of depth, buttery, with a hint of spicyness up front (likely from the oak dust in the kit). If it ends up going quick, I'll just make another, although my temptation at this stage is to try it with a higher end new zealand sauvignon blanc to see if I can bring out the grapefruityness I like in some of those.

Anyway, here's what's on the bottle:

bigstick chardonnay.jpg

Latest posts

Back