4 Fruit Blend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a four fruit blend (frozen pieces) of Strawberries, pineapple, mango, and peaches and I think it will make a WONDERFUL wine but I am not sure of a recipe I have made strawberry and peach by themselves an they were great so I was wondering if I should just use one of those recipes? I just don't know b/c I did use different yeasts and other ingredients vaired so...if anyone (especially the wine pros!) want to give me their advice for this batch it will be greatly appreciated!

How large a batch are you making? The reason is I have made a mead using all those fruits (except for the peaches) + a couple of others and it came out great - but mangos and pineapples throw off a lot of sediment so plan the batch accordingly. My batch started out at 4 1/2 gallons and ended up at 3. I try to plan for about 3-4 lbs of fruit per gallon and often use more if I am steam juicing so I can put some juice aside to add more fruit flavor and sweetening once I've stabilized the wine.
VC

cowgirlallison said:
I have a four fruit blend (frozen pieces) of Strawberries, pineapple, mango, and peaches and I think it will make a WONDERFUL wine but I am not sure of a recipe I have made strawberry and peach by themselves an they were great so I was wondering if I should just use one of those recipes? I just don't know b/c I did use different yeasts and other ingredients vaired so...if anyone (especially the wine pros!) want to give me their advice for this batch it will be greatly appreciated!
And you saw it at Sam's.
I am making that now.
for 6 gallons
20# of mixed fruit Thawed to room temp
5# strawberry thawed to room temp
put fruit in a 5gallon paint strainer bag and tie
You may need 2 fermentors
10# sugar to 1.085ish
6tsp acid blend
3 tsp pectic enzyme
water to a little over 6 gallons

add yeast 24-36 hrs after above
Cote des Blancs yeast
Remove pulp in a week
ferment to dry
After secondary add k-meta and Sorbate. I then make a f-pac and backsweeten. Wait a week then add clairifier. Transfer once a month till clear. Before bottling ck sweetness and add simple syrup if needed.

Sorry I should have said that I am wanting to make a 5-6gallon batch. Yes, I got the fruit at Sams! I just couldn't resist the thought of what a great wine it could make! Anyway, currently I only have these yeasts to work with....Red Star Champagne or Montrachet, K1-V1116, EC-1118, or 71B-1122. What about Yeast Nutrient, Yeast Energizer, tanin and campden tabs? Looking at other recipes some of the fruits in this blend call for these and some don't so.....I am just unsure what I really need and don't need. Just wondering why you added the additional 5# of strawberries?

I just like strawberries. If you dont add more mixed fruit. Yeast I would use 1116 if thats what you have. I always add nutrient so add per directions. I also do not add tannin to my fruit wines. Campton tab is the pill version of k-meta. I like to powder as when you really get involved in winemaking you want to buy it by the pound. You will need to sanitize all your equipment and this is great for that. Keep us posted

Latest posts

Back