Other where do you like to buy your kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busabill

Reaction score
hello there. I'm new to winemaking and just made my first kit. Love it! I have a question for the season the kit makers. Where do you buy your kit from? I only ask because I bought mine from a local place but they are very limited. I am concerned about buying from a website because of the transportation and the quality of the kit being affected from the transportation or a not so good outfit.Should I be? So I'm just wondering where most people get their kids from.thanks and look forward to talking with everyone on the various forums.

The sponsors o this forum, very good.
I have purchased from LabelPeelers and Finevinewines, both great customer service.

Ordered a kit today from finevine. Already shipped and great prices. I wouldn't personally worry about transport. After all, your LHBS relies on shipping too. I've ordered from northern brew and Midwest several times too

If you are in the US, Brew and Wine Supply, LabelPeelers and FineVineWines are great sites. The first two are sponsors of this site.

Doug - from Brew and Wine Supply really help me out in purchasing
my first kit !!

Many LHBS are happy to order a kit you want.

Go to WE, CC, and RJS's websites, and see if they have a Locate a Local Retailer.

The Sponsors of this site are great places to shop. Quality is great (they have fast turnover, so stock is fresh). Transportation costs are a factor, so shop for total cost.

Welcome to the forum!

I've been making kits for the last 2 years and a few months. All the kits I've made (~15) have come from my LHBS. Wife and I are hoping to sell our home and move to PA in an area that is over an hour from the nearest LHBS that I can find. Probably be mostly ordering online should the move come to fruition.

I purchased it from my (Local Home Brew Store)...Even thought online the prices maybe cheaper on the front end, when you adding shipping (they can weight 40+ lbs) it sky rockets. I have seen shipping/handling as high as 30$ on top of the price. When added all together it was marginally cheaper at the LHBS....besides you have the immediate satisfaction of having it in your hands!

Note: Even if the LHBS ends up costing a few dollars more than mail order, promoting a local business is worthwhile. You never know when you drop a hydrometer, and being able to drive to the store and get one right away is priceless. They also have all the little things where you don't want to pay $5 for shipping (get some more k-meta).

I'm located in Europe and the best kits I can find that match my one gallon ambitions as well as ship to Finland are at hopandgrape.co.uk. Can't really compare them to anyone else as I haven't found other sources that match my needs but I have had good service with them and should I ever graduate to larger batches there would be a whole new world for me to try out.

Quite a few places are offering flat rate shipping these days on kits. Usually around $10. So you have to compare the price out the door so to speak.

Back