What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garnish and everything? That's pretty good take out!!!

... I jest :)

.. Too fancy for me..

Heading down shortly to my son's house sponge the walls in his bathroom and to put what is hopefully the final coat of compund on anything else that may need it. Yesterdays coat was spread pretty thin to cover any minor items and to dress up the corners. Hopefully this is it and he can start priming the walls this week.

Wine related, started a batch os Cran Lime pee on Friday and I put 24 bottles in the sink to soak this am. Will clear the labels off later after I get back home.

This week I joined a wine club - Missouri Valley Wine Society; and at their encouragement I attended the Grape Expo and entered my first wine in their competition next week. What a fabulous group of people! I just hope the judges are gentle!

Pitched yeast on my Cherry SP last night (took 5 grocery stores to find enough frozen cherries); so wine production is in full swing again. I think I really want to do a grape wine next (typically like semi sweet whites) - any suggestions?

Ordered my new yard barn the other day. A 12' x 20' beauty. Hopefully, by the end of this year, I will have my wine producing room finished and have my wine production in full swing then.

Stuck working in Bowling Green Ohio until 1015 tonight, then drive to cleveland for tomorrow. Scanning Craigslist for any out of town goodies to pick up.

My apple cherry and Apple Raspberry are almost ready to be put into glass. I sulfited and sorbated the Red Zin yesterday and lost about a bottle due to the fountain. But I had pre-emptively put a beach towel under the carboy to catch the spillage and then volunteered to do the laundry (which I washed the wine soaked beach towel too). Saved on the clean up and got husband points too.

Yesterday cut up about 16 lbs of apples, put in to mess bag along with some apple juice and concentrate. Added some tannin, acid blen (not much) peptic enzyme, Campten tables. This morning checked sg was at 1.060 heated up a gal of apple juice and dissolved 4 1/2 cups water, added it to primary. Will check the sg later before I add the yeast and nutrient. While waiting on that making my speg. sauce and have the pasta dough resting and then I will be making my raviolis! Life is good!

OHHHHHHHh I got so many answers but I'll just say in the cellar!
beatredsmile.gif

I have a feeling that if I keep responding to you,,I might end up in the corner!!!

On another note,, I keep reading on here that ppl say that their apple wine is a little thin,,should I add some grape concentrate or bananas in the primary or should I just let it go and backsweeten with an apple (green apple) f-pak?

Terry,
How many gallons are you expecting from the 16 lbs of apples?
One of the local markets is selling 1/2 bushels of apples...... cheap.

Terry,
How many gallons are you expecting from the 16 lbs of apples?
One of the local markets is selling 1/2 bushels of apples...... cheap.

I am doing a 6 gal. but I am using apple juice as well. Wanted to have some chopped apples to help from being thin, as well as some frozen apple concentrate.

Hoping this year I will have some grapes, apples, peaches, pears, plums, blackberries, elderberries, raspberries and blueberries so that I can make it all without having to buy any.

wow, I CAN only dream of that much fruit. I put in 2 grape vines last year, and will have to wait a few mre years to get enough fruit.

Played around today, looking at some of the bulk aging wines that are getting ready to be bottled.. This one is gorgeous - i think there's only one person on the forum that's seen it recently enough that they might be able to put a name to it... Maybe i'm wrong..

Oh, but it's heaven in a carboy

02102013.jpg

Back