What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling that if I keep responding to you,,I might end up in the corner!!!

On another note,, I keep reading on here that ppl say that their apple wine is a little thin,,should I add some grape concentrate or bananas in the primary or should I just let it go and backsweeten with an apple (green apple) f-pak?

Use some bananas, are you making a straight apple wine or are you interested in a spiced apple wine?

Julie, Terry started it honestly. She knows I love spaghetti. Anyways we spent time in the corner together and shared some of the stuff Rich had hid there. It was worth it.
winkingsmily.gif

Use some bananas, are you making a straight apple wine or are you interested in a spiced apple wine?

Right now a straight apple wine, maybe later when it is done I might do a gal or so of a spiced apple.

A little booster blanc or opti-white does wonders too :h

Pretty sure my Apple-Pear went through MLF all by itself... It's mind-blowing, and i know i didnt do that!

HUH, me leading her a stray. I just learned "NO" really means "what are you waiting for". I'm not sure who had the bigger smile.

Probably Terry, as she now knows where the stash is hid.

DAN! "what are you waiting for". Means open the d**m bottle!! :)

well, back to the subject of the thread.... Just bottled a RJS En Premier NZ Pinot Noir. spent the last two days theifing out of the carboy. Started in in aug and drinking already.

Why sure I'll take a pound - Thanks for asking!!!:hug

In other news, just making my final tour of my sites before I leave for (hopefully) greener pastures. I will still maintain my Buffalo/Canadian connections for shipping equipment over the border. I let 100 glass 5 and 6 gallon carboys for $4 each slide by the boards (argh!!!). I'll keep beating the bushes....

Arrrgggghhhh is right, you could have kept some for yourself, sold the rest on this forum and paid for your trip....:sh

Arrrgggghhhh is right, you could have kept some for yourself, sold the rest on this forum and paid for your trip....:sh

Working on a load of demijohns, so stay tuned. Now that I know that Dan has a trailer, I might add "importer" to my job title....

Working on a load of demijohns, so stay tuned. Now that I know that Dan has a trailer, I might add "importer" to my job title....

Depending on when you make the trip, I have a truck as well. We could do a turn and burn depending on where they are. If they are across the boarder, I can't help you there.

Had a surprise birthday party for my younger sister's boyfriend the other day (15 to 18, 16-17+ yr olds)... Well we were trying to figure out, how do you feed the equivalent of a high school football team? Spaghetti! 4-5lbs of hamburger, a gallon or two of tomato sauce, some spices, cooked up the noodles and it was game on..

They had a blast at the party, but being a decade older yet the cook, i had to find a balance between "Yep, he made the food" & "He's a decade older, he's not trying to be 'cool' is he?"

Anywho - how's that relate to today? A whole bunch of leftover s'ghetti sauce... Being a thinking man, i seen the lasagna noodles in the cupboard (I'm american, waste-not-want-not, so if you're italian-american and this is borderline offensive, well, i'm almost sorry)

So i took the leftover sauce from the fridge, introduced it to the stove for "meet 'n greet"... Simmered it down some, cooked up the lasagna noodles and slapped a pan of "poor man lasagna" together... Didnt have ricotta, didnt have mozzerella.. Didnt care :) ... Layered it up, faked it with a bit of parmesan in the middle layer, only had colby jack to put over the top but... Made something outta nothin..

Comes outta the oven in a bit..

Somehow, i did this all wearing a white shirt.. And its still white!

Back