Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Pets as Teachers

I know that a lot of us are dog lovers. Here is something that a friend sent to me. When you think about it, it is so true.

Life Lessons We Can Learn From Our Dogs

· When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
· Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
· Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.
· Take naps.
· Stretch before rising.
· Run, romp, and play daily.
· Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
· Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
· On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
· On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
· When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
· Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
· Be loyal.
· Never pretend to be something you're not.
· If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
· When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

Doug, what breed is Izzy? She looks like a doll baby. Obviously likes to stay warm like my little guy, Louie.

Izzy is a Maltese. She will only get to about 5-6 lbs total. Hopefully she stays small. She found the heater yesterday, curled up in a ball and fell sound asleep.

image-3742917504.jpg

This is Jodie she is half shepherd half lab. She loves to play with my girls but is pretty protective of them and doesn't much care for anybody else except for my younger brothers. Which is how I would prefer it since I work shift work and they are home alone at night a lot.

A Shepard lab is a good mix. She is the best protection you can have for your children and she is a cutie to boot!

I was going to make that my profile pic but I couldnt figure out how on my phone.

Are you on the phone app? I don't see where it can be changed but if you sign on without using the app go to My Account and scroll down to Edit Avatar.

Took the girls to the beach then the River for the weekend. They absolutely LOVE the jeep. Sleeping well now though

382638_10201233264416631_712054940_n.jpg

294794_10201233264256627_463617059_n.jpg

Last edited:
Julie said:
Are you on the phone app? I don't see where it can be changed but if you sign on without using the app go to My Account and scroll down to Edit Avatar.

Thanks, I finally sucked it up and did it this way. This should totally be integrated in the app.

image-3211131377.jpg

This is not my dog. But I know it's how she feels about her nemesis, that likes to wake her and us up at 1:30AM every morning (for the last month.)

I don't know what it is, possum coon or cat, but if it every stays around long enough for me to get the door all the way open, *I* will be making it rain.

Nice pups, what type are they? And nice Jeep!

yes it should be.

yes they are Irish wolfhounds. And they are perhaps the only ones who like the jeep more than I do. They are SOOOOOO spoiled.

LOL, nothing wrong with spoiling them! My husband has a 95 yj and our dogs just love riding.

RCGoodin, nice girl! My niece has a Labradoodle and they are very smart.

First one is Breeze/Bree our goofy girl , second pic is of Bree and Misty gettn ready to go to the river to do some kayaking .

232323232fp63589_nu=8695_45__25__WSNRCG=356_93987234;nu0mrj.jpg

232323232fp635_2_nu=8695_45__25__WSNRCG=356_93988534;nu0mrj.jpg

Back