Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have four beagles and One rescue that is half pit and Half Lab who thinks he is a beagle. To him hes just as much beagle as the rest of them are and he right. he is!! He runs rabbits and think he is two feet high :)
945415_10151617931994708_1302905288_n.jpg

945277_10151617931949708_1873750184_n.jpg

My Daisy. She is a Trip!!
168413_492975324707_2875311_n.jpg

lol, I can tell that the one that looks like a lab/pit is really a beagle! Good looking dogs.

2PUPS sorry to hear about Misty. I lost my little one last Easter to heart disease. He was 16. It's a hard loss but I'm sure Misty had a wonderful life.

My niece and My buddy duke

This is my Niece and Duke.

One year, when bottling, I was left with a number of remaining gallons from my tanks. I ended up simply dumping them together into a carboy and, as luck would have it, these "tank-bottoms" tasted pretty good.

I entered it into a competition, but I didn't want to call it "tank bottoms" (The judges wouldn't like that). My wife came up with the name "Duke's Dregs", and wouldn't you know, it won a bronze medal!

My wife smiled and said, "only you could have a dog that is an award winning winemaker!"

Imported Photos 00024.jpg

JohnT, I love my Dawgs, but English Bulldogs have nothing but health problems.

Meet Princess Moo Moo. It was the neighbor girl who rescued her and gave her the name... honest. She's a Rumpy Manx. We converted to cats when we realized we were too busy to do a dog justice.

photo.jpg

Meet Gus!

I would like to formally introduce you to "Gus" our new boy. 9 week old Golden Retriever.

I have not mentioned this on this forum before now but we lost "Jack" our 7 year old Golden back in May. There are pics of him floating around this site. He developed a nerve sheath tumor that was incurable/inoperable back in February. We kept him comfortable for as long as we could but had to let him go finally as the pain meds could only do so much. Losing him was like losing one of our kids. Just a fantastic companion. About as easy going as they come.

So now we have a new chapter beginning with this little one. Gus is short for "Gustavo Brambila" an infamous winemaker that you may recall from the movie "Bottle Shock".

We picked him up last week just outside of Olathe, KS. We have family in the KC, MO area so it made for a nice trip to pick him up and spend a few days getting to know him and spend time with family. He was FANTASTIC on the 14 hour car ride home. Not one accident (thank heavens) He played in his kennel and lay in our laps sleeping or between the front seats on the emergency brake of all things. Perfect little road warrior.

Now the fun begins with crate training! He is doing extremely well so far but has a ways to go obviously. So glad we tiled the house 5 years ago except for the bedrooms. Just roll up the area rugs and put up the hall gate and the house is pretty darn 100% puppy proof.

Will post more pics as he grows!

Image.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

Mike he is adorable!!!!!! Congrats on your new addition.

And very sorry about losing Jack, it is like losing one of your children.

Thanks Julie. We had the vet come to the house and even she was in tears at the end. He was just a fantastic dog and my constant companion.

IMG_1057.jpg

I dread the day I lose one of ours, especially Jesse, she is my boxer in my avatar. She follows me where ever I go, even the bathroom and when I am not home, she follows my husband around. LOL, three steps behind one of us pretty much all the time.

Jack was a beautiful boy and you know he is having a good ole time romping around right with no pain.

Yes, its funny how it doesn't happen overnight but slowly over the years this 4 legged creature becomes so enmeshed and integrated into your daily ritual that you honestly can't function without them. The silence around the house was deafening after he was gone. All of a sudden there was no one to greet you at the door when you come home each day with a big goofy grin and a waggin' tail. Nobody following you from room to room. Nobody who followed you in and out of the house a 100 times a day just to be by your side. I was an emotional "train wreck" for a solid month. :(

Hug your 4 legged animals today. They really do make our lives so much more enjoyable!

Mike he is just too cute!

Sorry to hear about Jack. We lost our "baby", Buddy, last Easter. It has left a huge hole in my heart.They have such unconditional love. A poem I was given-
"Lose we Love, don't go away
They walk beside us everyday"

Misty

Sadly our little girl Misty was laid to rest monday afternoon after being put to sleep . She was a fighter til the end , but her cancer of the uterus was just to much for her . She will be dearly missed by the wife and me . Rest in peace my little girl . :(

232323232%7Ffp54355%3Enu%3D8695%3E45%3A%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3666%3A3359%3B34%3Bnu0mrj

Latest posts

Back